Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What did Kurt Vonnegut say about semicolons?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ralph
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Kurt Vonnegut, A Man without a Country

US novelist (1922 - 2007)

• cynde
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Kurt Vonnegut Semicolon Quote

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What did Kurt Vonnegut say about semicolons?

Source(s): kurt vonnegut semicolons: https://shortly.im/cxALQ
  • Lisa
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center." "If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind." "Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance." I think all the above quotes speak for themselves! ;)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A key to great writing, he adds, is to “never use semi-colons. What are they good for? What are you supposed to do with them? You’re reading along, and then suddenly, there it is. What does it mean? All semi-colons do is suggest you’ve been to college.”

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.