Marseille - south of france?

How far is the airport to the main city please?

Update:

How long will it take by car or train?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The airport is located in the outskirt of Marseille near Martigue and it's called Marignane. If you drive, it will take you approximately 20-30 minutes to arrive there, also , there is a free parking for 45 minutes in front of the airport main entrance. If you take a navette ( shuttle bus ) from the main train station Gare de Saint Charles in Marseille centre, because it will stop all the way to pick up more passengers , it will take between 45minutes to 1 hour to arrive. But it's quite frequent, there is a shuttle bus every 20 minutes for national way, and one every 25 minutes for motorway and it runs from 4:30 am in the morning till 00:10 at night. The fare is 8.50€ for a single journey but you have to buy it before you broad the bus.

I am afraid there is no train running between Marseille centre and Marignane.

Source(s): I live in Marseille.
  • 1 decade ago

Marseille is not far, there is a shuttle bus from the airport to the centre of town that takes approximately 30 minutes.

There is more information on the Marseille airport website specifically about this service:

http://www.mrsairport.com/eng/acces/acces_bus.jsp

There are also taxi's available but they will take about the same time and cost more!

• John
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

MRS (Marseille) Airport is 27 km away from the city =]

Source(s): Fluent French Speaker, Lived in Amiens Most of My Life
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.