1-800-4MY-XBOX Problem?

I tried calling the XBOX number for the status of my XBOX 360, and when I did, it came up to a phone sex number. Is anyone else having this problem????

Favorite Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misdials.

What you are experiencing is a marketing technique that is banking on people misdialing. What people do is they buy a number that is very close to a popular number and then try to sell people products or services similiar to the ones they were trying to reach... or in this case... complimentary to what they were trying to reach.

I used to work for a cell phone company and at one point my boss pointed a misdial to my cell phone and had me try to sell them new plans as they tried to reach the sales number of the real company. It felt scummy, but even when I explained they mis dialed the phone, they still wanted what I had to sell.

This is the same idea as buying web URLs that are similar to popular web pages. (example: if the page you want is a webpage.org they will buy webpage.com and hope that you just type .com out of habbit)

RE:

1-800-4MY-XBOX Problem?

Source(s): 1 800 4my xbox problem: https://trimurl.im/c51/1-800-4my-xbox-problem
  • lukman

1-800-4my-xbox

1800 My Xbox

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ax6hk

well why do you have to call 4 your xbox, i think it is old enough to use the phone by itself. when you call, try punching in the serial number (if you've previously registered it), or check your manual. IF YOU DO SEND IT IN, KEEP YOUR HARDDRIVE AND CABLES WITH YOU, JUST SEND THE CONSOLE. they send you a refurbished xbox, and all of your game saves are lost if you send your harddrive.

I think you are dialing it wrong.

dial 1-800-469-9269