Marriage: Across the sexes or within the sexes? Why?

Favorite Answer

Marriage is meant by God to be across the sexes. If you read the first chapters of Genesis you find a picture of how God created human life. He first created man and then saw that he was alone and created a woman to be his partner. Even when Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden of Eden, God commanded that they create . No same sex is mentioned. Jesus also that a man leaves his home to join his WIFE to become one . That is a marriage and not within the same sex. Besides that if there is a marriage within the sexes, how could then there be children. Not even science with all its knowledge is able to turn from within the body so that two of same sex can have children. God in his Wisdom kept that for His only means. He helped man to find out how to cure many deceases but not this.

Don't continue to let yourself get mixed up about this. It is plainly show even in animals. Accept that marriage is for a man and a woman

only to be able to carry out God's plan for Mankind.

Source(s): Bioethics

It depends on your beliefs, I believe marriage is a union between a man and woman, and I get this belief through my religion which is where marriage comes from in the first place. I do believe that same sex civil unions are appropriate for legal reasons.

what? U mean hetrosexuality vs homosexuality? This has to do with facilitating reproduction. A guy and a girl, or atleast their chromosomes, have to unite to create children...and most humans feel this is why humans were created, to perpetuate their species. Marriage or atleast mingling, accross the sexes is the only way this is possible. Plus, it has to do with attraction too.

the marriage union was made for man and a woman.

Hunh?

I have a gay son. I have to deal with Church! I love my son!

Source(s): No one will ever tell me to disown my son! I am going to be the mom and be a mom.

Go to gay and lesbian area, they will tell you the "right" answer.