Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Good horror films since the millenium?

It seems that horror is mostly about gore these days or making crappy re-makes. I was wondering what other people thought about this and if you have any movies to recommend specifically some featuring more calculated killers.

Favorite Answer

A millenium is an amount of time that equals 1,000 years or ten centuries, and horror films haven't been around for that long, but that doesn't really matter. Anyway, being a horror-film lover, I am a little disappointed with today's directors who don't have the spark and talent of the old ones, such as Stanley Kubrick. Most of the scary movies that are released over the past few years are really boring and miss out on giving the "horror shock" to people. Rather, they only give something I like to call "horror sting". However, there old horror movies and even some new ones that stand up to the challenge. Personally, my all-time favorite is The Shining, which was made in the year of 1980 and was directed by the famous horror directer Stanley Kubrick. Go to Wikipedia to read the plot, and if you want it at dark night with our windows open, you will get really scared. It's a nice combination of real and unreal issues of the twentieth century that the film is all about.

The Ring, which of course is a remake (but from a Japanese movies), is my favorite of post-2000 horror movies. Most public libraries may have a DVD (or maybe VHS) copy of the film to watch in high quality, but they don't, just watch it online - it's good! Its successor though, The Ring Two, isn't really that good, but then again, all franchises are bad...

I propose you watch the following...

1 - The Saw series - 1, 2, 3, 4 (soon 5, later 6)

2 - One Missed Call (not really crazy about it)

3 - The Eye

4 - The Hills Have Eyes

5 - The Night of the Living Dead

...and many others!

Keep the faith! I hope I was helpful!

Ok, I'm gonna give you some recent horror movies that creeped me out. And there's not a lot of them because Hollywood is so unoriginal these days.

The Mist:

http://imdb-movie-reviews.blogspot.com/2008/08/mis...

Dawn of the Dead (2004):

http://imdb-movie-reviews.blogspot.com/2008/09/daw...

Yes, Dawn of the Dead was a remake, but the whole running zombies thing was scary.

28 Weeks Later:

http://imdb-movie-reviews.blogspot.com/2008/09/28-...

The Strangers was a breath of fresh air.

• if your looking for good movies of any genre go to Nabolister.com

one missed call

Source(s): myself