HEY!? Where are all our APOLOGIES?? From all the Reichtwingers who hurled epithets at us for the "gloom+doom"?

..observations we've been making about the downward spiralling economy for over a year?

Anybody with a lick of common sense saw this coming three years ago. Most average intelligence people saw it coming a year ago.

Then we have BUSH AND MCCAIN who said like five seconds ago that the economy was "fine."

Gosh, hate to say "We told you so..."

To ruth: Bite me. I'm hardly "waiting around for somebody to save me."

Wall Street can go to hell -- I will be fine. My affairs are in order - I live within my means.

You know - this is almost like a DRUG. I think I am actually getting high from those people desperately trying to associate this catastrophic meltdown with the Democrats.

HELLO?

You're going to sit right there and try to convince anybody that Republicans are not all about DEREGULATION and they've ALWAYS BEEN about deregulation?

You guys kill me.

To "nonactivist" - Your post is electrifying. I bow to your powers of research, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your contribution to my question.

Thank you.

Favorite Answer

I'd like to address what bereal1 says, when she offers a citation degrading to Obama but tries to upgrade McCain.

An excerpt from the Bill McCain co-authored: You can read it all but is this really what your McCain does when he's in the Senate doing business. Substituting words and phrases for others, and complete paragraphs too.

Section 1303 of the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 (12 U.S.C. 4502) is amended--

(1) in paragraph (5), by striking `Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight of the Department of Housing and Urban Development' and inserting `Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Agency';

(2) in each of paragraphs (8), (9), (10), and (19), by striking `Secretary' each place that term appears and inserting `Director';

(3) in paragraph (14), by striking `Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight of the Department of Housing and Urban Development' and inserting `Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Agency';

(4) by redesignating paragraphs (16) through (19) as paragraphs (21) through (24), respectively;

(5) by striking paragraph (15) and inserting the following:

`(20) REGULATED ENTITY- The term `regulated entity' means--

`(A) the Federal National Mortgage Association and any affiliate thereof;

`(B) the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation and any affiliate thereof; and

`(C) any Federal Home Loan Bank.';

(6) by striking paragraph (13) and by redesignating paragraphs (7), (8), (9), (10), (11), (12), and (14) as paragraphs (13) through (19), respectively;

(7) by redesignating paragraphs (2) through (4) as paragraphs (5) through (7), respectively;

(8) by inserting after paragraph (7), as redesignated, the following:

`(8) DEFAULT; DANGER OF DEFAULT-

`(A) DEFAULT- The term `default' means, with respect to an enterprise, any adjudication or other official determination by any court of competent jurisdiction, or the Agency, pursuant to which a conservator, receiver, limited-life enterprise, or legal custodian is appointed for an enterprise.

`(B) IN DANGER OF DEFAULT- The term `in danger of default' means an enterprise with respect to which--

`(i) in the opinion of the Agency--

`(I) the enterprise is not likely to be able to pay the obligations of the enterprise in the normal course of business; or

`(II) the enterprise has incurred or is likely to incur losses that will deplete all or substantially all of its capital; and

`(ii) there is no reasonable prospect that the capital of the enterprise will be replenished.'.

(9) by redesignating paragraph (1) as paragraph (2);

(10) by inserting after paragraph (2), as redesignated the following:

Source(s): S. 190

lol! "reichtwingers" You slay me Glenda.

But you need to listen more closely. McCAin said last week that the economy was basically sound. Oh right, but then he said he didn't kniow sh**t about the economy, didn't he??

Then he said that it was a disaster about to happen. And now he says it wil be fine if we just let him deal with it..........

Wait a minute. Didn't he just say he knows sh**t about the economy???

And did he get elected while I wasn't looking (I knew all that pre-polling was a scam!!) Since when does a candidate get to deal with a major economic crisis!!

Why don't they let the guy whio is already in office deal with the crisis and just keep campaigning,,,,,,,,,oh! That guy is Bush!! ..........

Well you wouldn't leave him in charge of a p**ss up in a brewery so I think we're screwed!!

And they will never say sorry. Because they never are!!

Source(s): I tell you son A change is gonna come Obama/Biden 2008

I was thinking the same thoughts this morning.

Especially considering Calvinist thought, which is a founding philosophy in this nation would be considered doom and gloom by the right. Oprah economics (otherwise known as the power of positive thought) isn't an actual theory or practice. Regulation is.

Putting the wealth into fewer and fewer hands does lead us closer to a Marxist revolution than ever before.

I doubt you'll get apologies...but if you watch this closely I'm sure you've been getting a few words in HAND GESTURES you hand not quite been aware of! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVCuyrPk7P4

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Oh, and did anyone else catch that WINK McCain made when he announced he was suspending his campaign. He actually winked. I notice Palin does this alot too.

Seriously if you find the announcement watch his left eye wink at someone.

Frankly I'm gonna give him the last hand gesture on the above video.

Gotta love those EYE-talians.

The economy IS fine for Bush and McCain. Bush is retiring in a few months and McCain, by his own admission, doesn't understand economy but he DOES have seven homes so it can't be all that bad.

May want to check those "facts" with some real ones.. The only ones with a "lick of sense" were the Republicans when they All voted for the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005.. The Dems blocked it. The ones who had the most to gain.. Obama and

Christopher Dodd.

• gone

I think they're still in denial. They have yet to admit error on anything. I won't be holding my breath for an acknowledgment.

This is completely a Democrat mess-no hearings

McCain "Paul Revered" the coming of Fannie and Feddies excess,

Democrats smack him down,

I was thinking about this last night, ha ha.

I don't care if they apologize.

As long as they f**k off!