Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

polyic cyst what is this?

after having a smear,the nurse said i have a polyic cyst,im waiting for appointment now for the hospital,what will they do?thanks for answers

Favorite Answer

You have to be more specific because it sounds like you mean polycystic. This can be on the ovaries or kidneys. So I would like to know a little more info. even just one word so I don't have to write a lot of needless info. K? Thanks

Edit; OK, so you had a pap smear then. It's a condition caused by an endocrine imbalance with increased levels of testosterone, estrogen, and luteinizing hormone.(LH) The increase levels of estrogen associated with abnormality, raises the risks of breast cancer and endometrial cancer.. It is treatable with the surpession of these hormones and your MD may want to do more test depending on the outcome of your pap. A lot of women have abnormal paps so don't get worried until there is something to worry about. I had breast cancer even after both ovaries were removed. So this doesn't mean you will get cancer. It's only a test and a precaution on your doctor's part for your sake. I wish you well. God bless.

it is when your ovaries becomes a home for cyst