Bix
Bix asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

If Sarah Palin became president one day...?

... do you think that people will miss the "good old days" with Dubya?

Or in other words: Is Sarah Palin even worse than G.W. Bush?

Favorite Answer

I am having Sarah Palin nightmares. I dream t last night that she was a member of a club where they rode snowmobiles and wore the claws of drowned and starved polar bears around their necks. I have a particular thing for polar bears. Maybe it’s their snowy whiteness or their bigness or the fact that they live in the arctic or that I have never seen one in person or touched one. Maybe it is the fact that they live so comfortably on ice. Whatever it is, I need the polar bears.

I don’t like raging at women. I am a Feminist and have spent my life trying to build community, help empower women and stop against them. It is hard to write about Sarah Palin. This is why the Sarah Palin choice was all the more insidious and cynical. The people who made this choice count on the goodness and solidarity of Feminists.

But everything Sarah Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to Feminism which for me is part of one story — connected to saving the earth, ending , empowering women, giving young s options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending and war.

I believe that the McCain/Palin ticket is one of the most dangerous choices of my lifetime, and should this country chose those

candidates the fall-out may be so great, the destruction so vast in so many areas that America may never recover. But what is equally disturbing is the impact that duo would have on the rest of the world. Unfortunately, this is not a joke. In my lifetime I have seen the clownish, the inept, the bizarre be elected to the presidency with regularity.

Sarah Palin does not believe in evolution. I take this as a metaphor. In her world and the world of Fundamentalists nothing changes or gets better or evolves. She does not believe in global warming. The melting of the arctic, the storms that are destroying our cities, the pollution and rise of cancers, are all part of God’s plan. She is fighting to take the polar bears off the endangered species list. The earth, in Palin’s view, is here to be taken and plundered. The wolves and the bears are here to be shot and plundered. The oil is here to be taken and plundered. Iraq is here to be taken and plundered. As she said herself of the Iraqi war, “It was a task from God.”

Sarah Palin does not believe in abortion. She does not believe women who are d and incest and raped open against their will should have a right to determine whether they have their rapist’s baby or not.

She obviously does not believe in education or birth control. I imagine her daughter was practicing abstinence and we know how many babies that makes.

Sarah Palin does not much believe in thinking. From what I gather she has tried to ban books from the library, has a tendency to dispense with people who think independently. She cannot tolerate an environment of ambiguity and difference. This is a woman who could and might very well be the next president of the United States. She would govern one of the most diverse populations on the earth.

Sarah believes in guns. She has her own custom Austrian hunting rifle. She has been known to kill 40 caribou at a clip. She has shot hundreds of wolves from the air. Sarah believes in God. That is of course her right, her private right. But when God and Guns come together in the public sector, when war is declared in God’s name, when the rights of women are denied in

his name, that is the end of separation of church and state and the undoing of everything America has ever tried to be.

This vote is a vote that will determine the

future not just of the U.S., but of the planet. It will determine whether we create policies to save the earth or make it forever

uninhabitable for humans. It will determine whether we move towards dialogue and diplomacy in the world or whether we escalate through invasion, undermining and attack. It will determine whether we go for oil, strip mining, coal burning or invest our money in alternatives that will free us from dependency and destruction. It will determine if money gets spent on education and healthcare or whether we build more and more methods of . It will determine whether America is a free open

tolerant society or a closed place of fear, fundamentalism and aggression.

If the polar bears don’t move you to go and do everything in your power to get Obama elected then consider the chant that filled the hall after Palin spoke at the RNC, “Drill Drill Drill.” I think of teeth when I think of drills. I think of . I think of

destruction. I think of tion. I think of military exercises that force mindless repetition, emptying the brain of analysis,

doubt, ambiguity or dissent. I think of pain.

Do we want a future of drilling? More holes in the ozone, in the floor of the sea, more holes in our thinking, in the trust between nations and peoples, more holes in the fabric of this precious thing we call life?

She may be a good person, good for her and her family but not as

vice president or a President

Sarah Palin already has hollywood in a satire frenzy bringing back the memories of the Clinton- Lewinsky days....it seems America keeps replacing the dynasty of the heads of state with scandals vs. sheer daftness...if Obama doesn't win, we can farewell the days of the inspirational speeches of JFK, Martin Luther King and the like for good....Obama's speeches have this unique charizma, energy, analysis,expression, this amazing spaciousness ...what I am describing is the feeling of Freedom....A man who can deliver these emotions and ideas simply through his breath and words deserves a chance to teach us and take us on a new journey....and let us ride the causes and effects with him.....

You can't compare Palin to that....she's just a simpleton tossed onto the big stage....Being a head of state is different to running a household people....as a mother you can put your foot down when your child misbehaves....(although it does make me wonder where this woman was when your young daughter was out getting knocked up by a hick)

Government is a whole different ball game altogether, you need to be extremely educated and well cultured to be able to negotiate and comprehend national and international interest and work out the most favourable path.

Notice nobody is talking about McCain ?

• Artoro

Don't worry Sarah Palin will just be a standby. Pray hard for which ever will win and please keep out whatever will happen to happen in the 3rd or final year so that in time for next election.

I don't understand how governor of Alaska can suddenly become vice-President of world's superpower.

I don't think she's qualified for that position.

It's usually said that the president is led by his/her party, but in this case I think she is just a simple and supposed-to-be-pleasant interface for her party!

No, I think more likely when Obama is elected and we are attacked again by terrorists and we go to the United Nations to ask the Security Council for permission to defend ourselves...that is when we will miss George Bush.

Yeah. She makes Dubya look like a Rhodes Scholar.

• In other words, you are running low on cognitive thought to put coherent insults together... this one is a little vague.

Sarah Rocks My Socks!

Source(s): Palin/McCain '08

I THINK A FALSE FLAG ATTACK ON THE USA IS COMING SOON. AT THAT TIME, THE PEOPLE WOULD ELECT JOSEPH STALIN BECAUSE THEY ARE SO COWARDLY.

• ?

I think she would do alright I do miss the Clinton days I must admit.

Source(s): And not because he can play jazz or got it on in office. He was a great president hands down!