Can you answer a few of these easy questions about nutrition?
1. What is nutrition?
2. What is GOOD nutrition ?
3.What are the differences between fruits and veggies?
4. Are all fruits and veggies healthy? If not, which ones are good and which ones are bad.
5. Why is breakfast so important for good nutrition
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Nutrition is the "provision, to cells and organisms, of the materials necessary (in the form of food) to support life." (Wikipedia answer) I would say that nutrition is the balancing of foods to provide nutrients (goodness) to the body.
2. Good nutrition is calories from food that provide your body with the vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients that your body needs.
3. Technically speaking, a fruit is or contain seeds, they develop from the ovaries of plants. A vegetable is the "edible roots, tubers, stems, leaves, fruits, seeds, flower clusters, and other softer plant parts." (sciencenet.com). We consider fruits to be the sweeter of plant products. Vegetables get a bad rep but they're fabulous.
4. I would say that some are just more healthy than others. The variety of color in the selection adds different pigments which can characterize the different nutrients that plant offers.
5. Breakfast is literally a miniature "breaking of the fast." It is waking your body up from the past several hours of none consumption. It is telling your body it's time to start digesting. It also is giving you that energy to start your day and helps you concentrate.Source(s): NCSU Nutritional Sciences 2007
- Anonymous1 decade ago