who is khidr qouted in H QURAAN ?IS HE NABI OR OULIYAA?

anybody know the detail of khidr story

Favorite Answer

He is most likely to be one of the Auliyya' rather than a prophet. He also had much more wisdom bestowed on him by Allah than what Moses (p.b.u.h.) had. The details of the story is mentioned in the Qur'an, Surat Kahf, verses 65-82.

018.065 So they found one of Our servants, on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught knowledge from Our own Presence.

018.066 Moses said to him: "May I follow thee, on the footing that thou teach me something of the (Higher) Truth which thou hast been taught?"

018.067 (The other) said: "Verily thou wilt not be able to have patience with me!"

018.068 "And how canst thou have patience about things about which thy understanding is not complete?"

018.069 Moses said: "Thou wilt find me, if Allah so will, (truly) patient: nor shall I disobey thee in aught."

018.070 The other said: "If then thou wouldst follow me, ask me no questions about anything until I myself speak to thee concerning it."

018.071 So they both proceeded: until, when they were in the boat, he scuttled it. Said Moses: "Hast thou scuttled it in order to drown those in it? Truly a strange thing hast thou done!"

018.072 He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"

018.073 Moses said: "Rebuke me not for forgetting, nor grieve me by raising difficulties in my case."

018.074 Then they proceeded: until, when they met a young man, he slew him. Moses said: "Hast thou slain an innocent person who had slain none? Truly a foul (unheard of) thing hast thou done!"

018.075 He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"

018.076 (Moses) said: "If ever I ask thee about anything after this, keep me not in thy company: then wouldst thou have received (full) excuse from my side."

018.077 Then they proceeded: until, when they came to the inhabitants of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused them hospitality. They found there a wall on the point of falling down, but he set it up straight. (Moses) said: "If thou hadst wished, surely thou couldst have exacted some recompense for it!"

018.078 He answered: "This is the parting between me and thee: now will I tell thee the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience.

018.079 "As for the boat, it belonged to certain men in dire want: they plied on the water: I but wished to render it unserviceable, for there was after them a certain king who seized on every boat by force.

018.080 "As for the youth, his parents were people of Faith, and we feared that he would grieve them by obstinate rebellion and ingratitude (to Allah and man).

018.081 "So we desired that their Lord would give them in exchange (a son) better in purity (of conduct) and closer in affection.

018.082 "As for the wall, it belonged to two youths, orphans, in the Town; there was, beneath it, a buried treasure, to which they were entitled: their father had been a righteous man: So thy Lord desired that they should attain their age of full strength and get out their treasure - a mercy (and favour) from thy Lord. I did it not of my own accord. Such is the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience."

Al-Qur'an, 018.065-082 (Al-Kahf [The Cave])

The status of Khidr, Zulqarnain and the man who brought the throne of Queen of Sheba before Prophet Solomon is not of a Nabi , but they are mentioned as beloved of Allah in the Quran,So we are to respect them

• IMK

Khidr is/was a prophet

From all of this we know that al-Khidr’s killing the boy and making a hole in the ship, and his saying,

“And I did them not of my own accord”

[al-Kahf 18:82 – interpretation of the meaning]]

clearly indicate that he was a Prophet. Al-Fakhr al-Raazi, in his tafseer, attributed the view that he was a Prophet to many scholars. Another factor that may indicate that he was a Prophet is the fact that Moosa (peace be upon him) humbled himself before him and said (interpretation of the meaning):

“May I follow you so that you teach me something of that knowledge (guidance and true path) which you have been taught (by Allaah)?”[al-Kahf 18:66]

“If Allaah wills, you will find me patient, and I will not disobey you in aught”[al-Kahf 18:69]

even though al-Khidr said to him (interpretation of the meaning):

“And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?” [al-Kahf 18:68]

• A noble and beloved Person of Allah. We can't call him Nabi as far as not a Quranic verse nor Hadith backs up this claim.

no al khidr is not nabi he is from the ouliyaa .he is for the christians saint george .and for the jews is eliaho .

Yes hes a Nabi, and u have 2 say Alayhi al salat wal salam when u mention his name cuz they say he passes at the front of u when u mention him!

Source(s): Islamic Education

He is over 6000 years old, no he is not a nabi.