Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

i dont want to be a clown?

i make this girl laugh and laugh, and things are going good.

im worried that if i continue the laughter that she will think of me as a clown and nothing more. what should i do to show her im not just a clown and have a serious side too. thanks.

• Polly
    Favorite Answer

Hi MCD !

The thing that you are doing is nothing less than great. Making people laugh is making them forget their worries for a while. Making people laugh at ones own cost makes one happy. The world would become a worthy place to live in, if all people decide to laugh & all could resolve to make atleast two people laugh every day.

Now for your feelings of being considered a clown for this good deed of making this girl laugh. You cannot stop anyone for what they want to think. Leave it to them to think what they want to think. You continue making her laugh. There is a saying, "Expectations are Potential Upsets". Dont keep any, atleast while you do a selfless service to the mankind. People are the way they are. You cannot change them & their thoughts.

Keep up the Good Work MCD !

Then just be serious about things too. Not too serious otherwise it will turn her off. I am considered a comedian in most groups but people also know that they can come to me with their problems and I will deal with it seriously if the situation requires it. Keep up the funny side as girls like that.

Laughter is sexy, but also friendly. You want to make sure you build attraction as you make her laugh. You don't want to get stuck in the friend zone.

I just finished a workshop on relationships, and my partner for one of the exercises was really goofy. It got annoying. The instructor came by and told him, Look at her and imagine you would kill another man in battle to save her life. Look at her like you would kill for her.

Wow, he went from clown to sexy in like .01 seconds. It made a HUDE difference, just him thinking about it. Women are extremely perceptive. We pick up on subtleties.

That's my best shot. Good luck!

Source(s): The Game, Neil Strauss

I LOVE boys that make me laugh. I always get crushes on them. In fact, that's probably one of the main reasons she likes you. She likes you because your personality. That's pretty damn awesome.

But you want to show her your serious side, eh?

Start talking about politics? It really depends on what you want to talk about that's more serious, because you're right, if you want to build a serious relationship, she has to know that you aren't just a house of cards. A very funny house of cards.

Meh, I'm not much help. :/

Good luck, though. :D

• H

Why don't you start showing different sides of yourself. Who says you have to be funny all the time?

I believe Marilyn Monroe said "If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything."

Brandon

tune down the joking a little. and start talking about other stuff

Source(s): personal experience

that sucks