Ok! I'll answer your asks.
At first, I'd like to say you I'm Brazilian and you will see a view of a person that born and live here for years!
- We are cool people. We are people that work so hard; we are funny people (sometimes we're bored, because of the stress of the day by day). I ever say the Brazilian people is not a people that like of soccer, Carnival, beaches only! We ever fight for a good future to us and our future generations.
- Well! Everybody is welcome here. By the way, this is one of the little countries in the world that any person is welcome. I will say some countries that I suppose the most of us likes: Mexico, Portugal, France, Japan, Italy, etc... I think the countries that unfortunately many people don't like so much are the United States and Argentina. Argentina because of the soccer and United States because several things as the Iraq War and George W. Bush. It's not because of the American people (no way), but because of your president! Got it? By the way, we hate war! We think that everything can be solved in conversations.
- The Brazilian teens have a slogan: "Live today without thinking in the future. The future belongs to God!" As a matter in fact, very teens don't think in the consequences and they make wrong things. Fortunately we have teens with the "head in center".
- If there are 2 men: shake hands./ A hug with a little slap in the backs (if they are friends).
If there are 1 man and 1 woman or 2 women: 2 kisses (one at each cheek)/ a squeeze hug (if they are friends).
- The social life in Brazil is a normal life. Dates, shows, bars etc. It will depend of the person.
- You can find many kinds of beaches in Brazil: beaches with blue sea, green sea, crystalline sea; river beaches, sea beaches; sexy people in the sand; sun, trees, sand, and fresh water. The surf in Brazil is not like Hawaii, for example, with big waves. Because here there aren't waves like that size. The surf is more practiced by men than women. I think the best places to surf are: Búzios (Rio de Janeiro), Rio de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro), Fernando de Noronha (Pernambuco).
- The climate and weather will depend in which region you are: Amazonia (North Region): it can stay until 40º C and almost ever rains there.
Northeast Region: It will depends! Usually in the bigger metropolis of the region like Salvador (Bahia) can stay until 35º C. The other cities like Aracaju (Sergipe), Maceió (Alagoas), Natal (Rio Grande do Norte) etc can stay between 25º to 30º C. This is the Brazilian's favorite region to go to the beaches (by the way, the most beautifuls of the country). It rains a little in the litoral and it's hot in the center of the region.
West-Center Region: It's a mix of dry and wet. It stays between 30º to 40º C.
Southeast Region: It will depend where you are. If you are in Rio de Janeiro, Espírito Santo or Minas Gerais, it can stay until 40 ºC. But if you are in São Paulo, prepare for the change of weather any hour.
South Region: It's the coldest region of the Brazil. If it's summer, it can stay between 22º to 35º C. If it's winter, it can stay between -5º to 23º C.
(I think the other questions I answered in one)
Culture and Food :
- We like to celebrate the Carnival, Saint Anthony's Day, Saint John's Day (the Batist), Saint Peter's Day, Independency Day (09/07th)/ Christmas and the New Year.
- If it's a hot day and you're at home, the people like to wear a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops. But if we have to go out, we dress a basic blue/ black jeans, jacket, blouse etc. If it's a woman, she customs to wear a dress/ jeans, blouse etc...
- We like to go to restaurants, shows, bars and the mainly: the malls! We like to eat at the breakfast (7:00 or 8:00) a breas with butter, cuscuz (it's like a cake made with corn flour, salt and water) etc. Lunch (12:00): we love to eat bean with rice, meat, salad and juice. Dinner (18:00 or 19:00): bread with butter, cuscuz, bean with rice etc...When we go out to have fun, we eat and drink fries, hamburguers, popcorn, sweets, beer etc...
- Carnival is the bigger party of the world. It involves music, food, beautiful people, Samba Schools, Axé Music etc...
- We like Samba, Pagode, Forró, Axé Music, Rock, Pop, Techno, Dance, Romantic, MPB - Música Popular Brasileira (Brazilian People Music) etc...
- Capoeira is a fight that we have transformed in a sport. You can find more in Capoira Schools. In the streets it will be difficult! The only place that you will find the Capoeira easialy is in Salvador (Bahia).
- Soccer? It's like the basketball to the Americans. Almost everybody like. You can see the called "Pelada" (anonimate games) easialy in the streets. I don't like so much. I like more the second bigger sport of the Brazil: Volleyball.
- We like the swimming, basketball, surf. Some people like the Track and Field and the Marathone too.
I think I helped you. If you would like to do another question, you c
· 1 decade ago