does yawning start a panic attack or a panic attack makes me yawn?

I notice i start yawning over and over and then i will start to feel a panic attack happen. Do i panic then yawn or yawn and then have a panic attack? It seems to be an odd symptom of panic attacks, but it never fails.When one happens the other is not far away.

Favorite Answer

yawning is your body's way of telling you to get my oxygen in your brain. so either your are 1: already hyperventilating a bit as the panic attack starts and your brain tells you to yawn. then the panic attack goes full blown. or 2: already in a full blown panic attack and rapid breathing. your body is telling you to yawn to help slow down your breathing. the shallow quick breaths increases co2 and decreases o2 causing your blood to be more acidic. so i would say that when you start to feel panicky watch your breathing and take deep long breaths in w/ longer breaths out. good luck!

• A

More than likely its the yawning that causes the panic attacks. Sometimes that happens to me,, its the strangest thing, trying to explain panic attacks to people who dont get them. I will sometimes get a panic attack after yawning repeatedly because i start wondering what is wrong with me because i cant stop yawning so something must be wrong and thus the panic attack starts over nothing.

My idea: whenever I feel like I can't breath I begin to panic. Now that I know that breathlessness makes me panic, I panic because of it. Probably, because you once yawned alot before a panic attack, you now believe it is the cause. Power of suggestion, really. You should just remember that yawning won't cause it and you should be fine. If that doesn't work, it must be a medical problem, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. Good luck! xoxo mochaseptember

the joy of a panic attack is we have OCD in a way. let me explain. We expect that be being in certain situations or doing different things will bring on a panic attack. You have trained your behaviour to expect a panic attack when you yawn, its similiar to ocd as they feel if you do x then y will happen.. you get what i mean.

You need to understand panic attacks are to do with the lack of seratonin in the brain, and the brain being so complex a thing, you are without meaning to, bringing on an attack. You need to unlearn this behaviour. The other thing that is that when the body yawns it is trying to bring more oxygen to the body, if your anxiety is linked with harm coming to you, then the feeling of oxygen levels decreasing, then increasing triggers your mind, to initiate a panic attack. Sounds complicated but its simple.. you will be fine!!

Source(s): family history of anxiety attacks.

Hi there, I just laugh about my past 3 years of panic now. I was not able to go anywhere without carrying xanax. Fear of having another attack was the most important subject of my days.When i first found joe barry's web site i started to cry because of my happiness.

Free audio to end anxiety and panic attacks fast?

yawning start panic attack panic attack yawn

• newby

Yawning And Anxiety

If you are a basketball playerthen a vertical leap is really important but if you do have this dilemma you never need to fear since the clear answer will be here https://tr.im/DICln , the Vert Shock program.

With Vert Shock plan you'll get 9 to 15 inches to your vertical jump in only 8 week.

This program is structured in 3 stages.

The initial week and also stage  is known as the Pre-Shock period, it's made up of 6 workouts in 7 days which are designed to shock your system and actually make you for the following coming 7 weeks and just in this stage you will get 3 to 5 inches.

The 2nd period is the Shock-Phase, which is really a whole 6 week period that actually bangs the key nervous system and influences your muscles to respond blazingly fast in order to create those high explosion£surge leaps.

And, ultimately, there's the Post-Shock phase, which will be only for closing in your freshly obtained gains and making your muscles accustomed to the fast neurological response.

Plain and simple Vert Shock gets the work performed!

Negative emotions (like sadness, stress, anger, etc.) causes your Serotonin production to be low; when your Serotonin level is low, you are more prone to getting Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression, etc.

Medication like Antidepressants (SSRI - Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) helps to boost Serotonin level.

But there are natural ways to do it without medication. There's this strange herb called "St John's Wort" - it is said to be more effective than Prozac. No, it is not for mild depression only and ignore those sayings. In fact, it does help anxiety and panic-attacks as St John's Wort works like prozac. Other natural ways will be exercise, diet, more exposure to light, etc.

The problem is that, even if your Serotonin is balanced... you have that "learned behavior" in your mind. You need to break that initial cycle to destroy that learned behavior - Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) does this. A technique that you can use without CBT will be Distraction... There are several other techniques to help cope them!

Ok, to use Distraction: Firstly, try to....

Extracted from Source.

same thing happens to me...I always think of it as, my yawning is contributing to getting the oxygen to my brain, which is a good thing, so I think the panic attack happens first, and that's our bodies reaction to help us cope with it...but I'm no DR.!