Fantasy Football - Michael Turner for Steve Smith?

I was offered Michael Turner for Steve Smith in my 14 team fantasy league. We start 3 WR and 2 RB. My receivers are Larry Fitzgerald, Jerricho Cotchery and Steve Smith (starters) Vincent Jackson and Amani Toomer (bench). My running backs are Adrian Peterson - MIN, Fred Taylor (starters) Jonathon Stewart (bench).

Turner has put up huge early numbers and Steve Smith has only played one game but is one of the top WR every year. With Delhomme back, he's bound to have a huge year.

Looking for some advice...

Thanks

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you need steve smith at ur WR slot. ur backups arent good enough to give him up. adrian peterson is a great RB and the run game for the jaguars looks great and fred taylor will have a great season.

ya turner is putting up great numbers but we still havent seen him much and teams are going to put their main focus on him from now on.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Steve Smith is always a reliable receiver, but coming of an injury like his, he will not have the same numbers as his past years. Michael Turner and the Atlanta team have a relatively easy schedule this year, and his elusive back skills prove to be working more than the passing game. Stewart just lost the starting job this week again, and Michael Turner is better than Fred Taylor, who is losing his job to Maurice Jones-Drew. Go through in the trade and good luck this season

• 4 years ago

AP and Michael Turner. Steve Smith is going against Nnamdi Asomugha, who is actually much better than DeAngelo Hall and QBs avoid throwing to Asomugha, that's why Hall got beat bad almost every week. So expect a great battle between Smith and Asomugha. Slaton is facing a tough D this week. AP and Turner have the better chance to score.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You gotta take that one. Turner is a stud and Atlanta is rocking right now. Steve Smith is good...but there's big quarterback questions on that team. You can always scrounge up a receiver somewhere. You can't get a Michael Turner off waivers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Dont give up Turner. Peterson will get hurt and miss a few games. Turner is a stud. Smith is a stud but Turner will deliver every week

• 1 decade ago

That's a toughy.

Steve Smith IS bound to have a good year, but i think turner will make up for whatever production you lose from steve smith.

just imagine AP and Turner on your squad. and maybe you can offer a mojo owner fred taylor for a possible WR2 straight up.

• 1 decade ago

Steve Smith no question. he is hands down jake delhomme's favorite reciever. i guarantee u he leads your WR in fantasy points. Michael Turner has started off hot i agree but you dont need him, especially if you get points for returns cuz if you do i would definantly start jonathon stewart. but keep steve smith

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Michael Turner he has been awesome and I believe he is currently first in carriers in the NFL at 6.2 per carry

• 1 decade ago

turner is one of the best backs right now an steve just got back and he is doin alright but turner is doin grest best thing for you to do is keep turner

• 1 decade ago

yeah your not going to miss him as much as you will hate not taking the trade when your trying to figure out who to start btween stew and fred because they share to many carries

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.