What are some good universities worldwide that you can get a masters degree/major in in German and/or Polish?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are several good universities in German and in Polland. Germany has an international excellent reputation in Higher Education. Poland is not that famous worldwide. I believe this takes place due to political, economical and social difficulties of this country. Anyway, Jagiellonian University is the oldest and best known university in Poland and ranked by the Times Higher Education Supplement as the best university in the country. I would say though that the German universities have better reputation than those of Poland and therefore if I was u I will choose Germany rather than Poland.

Check and compare the universities in Germany via several university rankings (national or international).

For instance, check for

1) national:

CHE UniversityRanking The English version of the German CHE University Ranking is provided by the DAAD.

CHE ExcellenceRanking In December 2007, a new ranking was published in Germany from the Centre for Higher Education Development. The CHE "Ranking of Excellent European Graduate Programmes" (CHE ExcellenceRanking for short) included the disciplines of biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics. The ranking is designed to support the search for master’s or doctoral programmes at higher education institutions (HEIs). Alongside this, the CHE wants to highlight the research strengths of European HEIs and provide those HEIs listed in the ranking with ideas for the further improvement of their already excellent programmes.

CHE ResearchRanking Every year, the CHE also publishes a ResearchRanking showing the research strengths of German universities. The CHE ResearchRanking is based on the research-related data of the CHE UniversityRanking.

2) international:

The Times Higher Education - QS World University Rankings

Times Higher Education, a British publication that reports specifically on issues related to higher education, in association with Quacquarelli Symonds, annually publishes the THES - QS World University Rankings, a list of 500 ranked universities from around the world.[2] In comparison with other rankings, many more non-American universities (especially British) populate the upper tier of the THES ranking. The THES - QS ranking faces criticism due to the more subjective nature of its assessment criteria, which are largely based on a 'peer review' system of over 3000 scholars and academics in various fields [3].

Please do not forget that the most important is the major that you are interested in. A major can be better in one university than another...

Good Luck!!!

Kind Regards from Greece.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Polish sausages are nice, but the smell of German sauerkraut would make me want to throw up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.