At what age did you learn about sex and who told you about it?

Also, how old do you want YOUR kids to be before you tell them about it??

Oh yeah and if I can't tell by the picture please state if you are male or female.

Oh Meth Lab, I'm so sorry :(

Liz_B and Melody my mother never explained it to me either

In case you want to know, at age 13 my older sister told me that that's where babies "come from", and then when I was 15 I learned how it works. My parents never bothered to tell me.

I'm thinking of telling my kid about sex when they get to middle school...

...is middle school too late?

Best Answer

6 - my Dad.

I learnt more in Secondary School but to be honest my parent's knowledge far exceeded my school's. It helped much more than PHSE ever did.

I think it was very good what my parents did. My Dad's always been a pretty liberal parent and there's no point being timid about sex. It's a fact of life, get over it. If kids understand the basics of it, it's more likely they'll be sensible. Ignorance causes many problems relating to sex and relationships in my opinion.

I think I'll talk to my kids the basics when they're about 6 or 7. You don't need to go into crude details but there's no point in lying to them. Kids aren't stupid, they'll figure it out one way or another. I was about 11 or 12 was when it all really started to make sense from Science and PHSE, so as my kids get older, I'll explain more. I'll see how they take it and go from there.

I'm a dudette. XD

My mom told me where babies came from when I was 3 due to my brother being born, but she told me about the connection between periods and babies when I was 9. Plus the Girl Scouts had a film about growing up that we watched.

I also had Sex Ed in high school (ages 15 through 17), but I already knew about what they taught (body parts and periods).

Also I always asked my mom questions growing up. What she didn't know or I was too shy to ask, I looked up in women's magazines and books. Those are where I learned about birth control, relationships, and protecting myself.

Since kids are growing up faster nowadays, they should know before age 8 because many are experimenting by then. Always keep the communication door open. I always had good communication with my mom and I think that's why I was never a teen sex pregnancy statistic.

Source(s): I'm 46. Woman Married thirteen years.

My parents never discussed sex with me. When I turned 12 years old my parents were going through a nasty divorce so I don't think either of them were thinking they needed to tell me about the birds and the bees. Everything I learned about sex when I was kid, I learned from the older kids on the back of the school bus! Ha!

I want my son to learn about sex gradually. So that he grows up having a basic understanding and it's not a big shock for him when he's a teen.

Molested repeatedly at 8 by a neighbor. Kids should be warned about perverts at a really young age. There is sex all over the media. Just because their parents want to hide it doesn't mean the kids are exposed to sex messages. Later we had "sex education" in school in Cleveland OH, in the 4th grade. We had the same "sex education" class when we moved to Wichita KS 2 years later.

Around age eight my daddy started talking to me about it, and hasn't stopped since!

(I don't mind at all though. I think the more you can understand about sex and what it represents, the more you can appreciate it and see it as a beautiful thing when used properly.)

Ever since, I've heard about it from family, friends, books, the internet, etc. :)

"How old do you want YOUR kids to be before you tell them about it??"

When I look at them and see the begining signs of maturity/puberty. These days, kids(especially young women/girls) should know what they need to do in order to keep themselves healthy and safe from the perverts. I don't think that there is ANYTHING wrong at ALL with sex...just the way that people interpret and use it.

I am 18 and female.

• Janet

Age 15.

School Education

About 8 years old.

By having it. No one ever told me anything about it. I went to catholic school and the only thing we were told about sex is to not have it. My mom didnt tell me anything either.

I will talk to my kids very early like 9 or 10 yrs old, about it so they dont make the same mistakes as me♥

• Melody

I was 7. I found my parents porn stash. I learned the "educational" stuff about it in school when I was 8 or 9. Im 26 now and to this day my mother has NEVER discussed sex with me.

• I'm not really sure. I either learnt from magazines or at school. We had a lot of sex ed in PRIMARY SCHOOL. Yep, at the age of 9 we watched pregnancy videos and saw how tampons worked by putting one in water and seeing it expand. Haha. Seriously, it was really unnecessary at that age.

I'd like my kids to know about sex at around 12 - like...just so they know. But not so they could do it!

i think around 5 o.O saw it in a film, parents never told me.

Also your kids will already know =P about it by the time they reach middle school because the classmates. i learn't how it worked at about... 9? cause i didin't really understand how it worked when i was five.