Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Alabama v/s Georgia excuses after the game....?

What will be the excuses after Alabama beats Ga, will they still say we haven't played anyone. Clemson was preseason # 9 when we beat them and they haven't lost since but they are no good now so when we beat the # 3 team in the nation this week I guess they will be no good either?

Favorite Answer

We are going to give them some great paypack for last years OT loss. Their offensive line is way too weak compared to our Defensive Line. As long as we can put a good deal of pressure on Stafford then we should be ok.

Georgia struggled to win their first couple of games and they were against doormat teams that should have been walked all over! Bama is the real deal this year and should unseat Georgia as the top team in the SEC with a decisive victory on Saturday..

You can tell that they are truely scared about Bama coming to town. They are trying to Black Out the staduim... that wont phase bama like it did to auburn. And you might call me a conspiracy theorist but i think the timing of the retirement of the great Larry Munson is a little ironic to put a little more boost in the Dawgs moral..

31-17 Bama wins!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

This is, by far, the best team Bama has played all year. Be honest, Arkansas was nobody. And the first 3 games were nobodies, including the over-rated Clemson Tigers. It's a night game, on the road. If Bama wins, they earned and Georgia did not cowboy up. If Bama loses, it's no shame to lose to the number 3 team in the nation. No downside, here.

BTW, lighten up. Bama fans are starting to make Tennessee fans look less obnoxious. You have a great team...try being a fan with some class...

I have a daughter at UGA and at Clemson, and lots of Alabama buddies - so no real die hard fan... but if Bama can pull this off like they did vs. the Tigers, I can see them moving into the top 5. The big difference here is that Bama could focus on just shutting down Clemson run attack; the Dawgs have a much better passing attack - so more to worry about there. Hope Bama can score some points, cause it should be a low scoring affair. Good luck. btw - got any extra tickets?

I'm a Bama fan too. I know the spread is 3 points favoring Georgia, but they said the same thing about the Arkansas game. I agree with the other people, it will be a close game, but we'll pull through & win. Alabama has a Defense that can't be touched. They might be a young team, but they were underestimated, even by myself. They have suprised me & I really feel that Saban has changed our team for the better. ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I'm a huge Gator fan living in Alabama. So i root for the home team. I pick Alabama over Georgia in a low scoring game. If Alabama wins they move up to 5 in the rankings. Georgia would still be in the top 10 I think.

Source(s): Good Luck to both teams. Hate that great SEC teams have to beat each other up every week. But it is great fun to watch!
  • Zinger

As an LSU fan I knew it was just a matter of time before Saban would have Bama back in the hunt for the SEC Championship. What has impressed me most this year about Bama is the discipline and execution of the players. Bama looks impressive so far and in my mind is playing better than Georgia. I think the Tide has a very good chance of pulling the upset over the Dawgs.

I'm a big Bama fan i agree with you when we beat georgia we should get into top 5 but figure this stat out georgia has a good run defense but they have not played anybody that runs the ball,every team they have played were passing teams.

As a Bama fan, I just have one piece of advice for you......breath deep and relax. Georgia was a pre-season #1, and it just has to work itself out. If The Tide rolls Saturday, they will move up quite a few spots in the polls. Winning takes care of everything.

CLEMSON is the most overrated team in the top 25 they cant hang with a middle of the road SEC team. And who exactly has clemson beatin to get ranked The citadel, sc state, nc state. ROLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL

Source(s): A SOUTH CAROLINA FAN

I think both teams are a little too strong for either side to say they are going to blow out the other. I believe this game will be a very low scoring game and it wont break 21 points. I don't think either side should make excuses after.