Business Partnership Question (South African Business)?

Hi there :-) I am looking to go into a partnership with someone I know. Not a registered CC, or (Pty) Ltd, or public company - just a regular partnership agreement between two people. I would like to find out if this example would work. Say we name the company ABC Holdings. This is the partnership between my... show more Hi there :-) I am looking to go into a partnership with someone I know. Not a registered CC, or (Pty) Ltd, or public company - just a regular partnership agreement between two people.

I would like to find out if this example would work. Say we name the company ABC Holdings. This is the partnership between my partner and I, and under ABC Holdings are more companies, such as DEF Trading, EFG Communications and JLK Services, all owned by ABC Holdings and ultimately by my partner and I.

DEF Trading, EFG Communications and JLK Services would be t/a companies of ABC Holdings.

Please help - I would like to know if this is a legal way of doing business in a regular partnership governed by South African laws.
2 answers 2