What does the Confederate flag stand for in this modern day?

Favorite Answer

The Confederate flag is as much a part of our history as the American flag.

Weren't several authors of the Constitution slave owners? Was it the Confederate flag or the Stars and Stripes that was flown on ships that carried newly captured slaves to America?

The American flag carries just as many racist connotations as the Southern Cross, if not more. Racism, then and now, is a problem in all of America!!

Even in the present, the Confederate flag is incorrectly associated with the extremist groups that misuse it. Racist organizations like the Ku Klux Klan wave Confederate flags and loosely tie the flag to their own twisted beliefs. The Confederate flag, represents all our soldiers, black or white, northern or southern, who fought on battlefields defending our Constitutional Rights !

the confederate flag stands for many good things, freedom, of the slaves, equal right to all no matter what race you are, stand by America, under God, the confederate flag was not around be fore the civil war, and after the war was over, there was so many soldiers and people died, and the confederate flag stand for unity, freedom and equal rights , the confederate flag is a beautiful flag, with great meaning,and stands by our constitution, it has nothing to do with slavery ,or racist what so ever, the civil war went on in the south and north, that is why people in other parts of America do not know much about the confederate flag, so they should learn there history better, and stop making up stories , the confederate flag should be displayed all over the united states, after all , America is a nation under God.. so respect the confederate flag as you would the American flag.they both mean the same thing. I do not know what is wrong with some of the younger and some times older people, that they do not know much about anything., did they ever go to school? it is a shame that so many people have so littlef simple education,

• I think what most of you call the Confederate Flag is indeed the Confederate Battle Flag. The original Confederate flag was patterned after the U.S. flag. A later version had the battle flag in the upper left corner and had a white backround with a broad red vertical stripe down the right side.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): confederate flag stand modern day: https://shortly.im/aQXpj

hello

The display of the Confederate flag remains a highly controversial and emotional topic, generally because of disagreement over the nature of its symbolism

Opponents of the Confederate flag see it as an overt symbol of racism

Others view the flag as a symbol of rebellion against the federal government of the United States

Some hate groups use the Southern Cross as one of the symbols associated with their organizations, including racist groups such as the Neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan.The flag is also sometimes used by separatist organizations such as the Aryan Nations

Many "White" southerners often see the flag as merely a symbol of southern culture, a "country music flag" without any political or racial connotation

For some, the flag represents only a past era of southern sovereignty

Some historical societies such as the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the United Daughters of the Confederacy also use the flag as part of their symbols.

Also rockabilly fans hold the Confederate flag as their emblem

So, i think that the flag has many hidden values , and depending on your own beliefs ... it might offend you

- eg. a person of african american descent will most likely feel that its a symbol of oppression, slavery

- and an older generation person might believe that its a representation of a short lived state that had many amazing victories in battle (against an unwanted invading neighbour)

hope i made sense?

Well, I wouldn't wave a Confederate flag around ANYWHERE, so that gives you the tone for its symbolism. I live in CA, so I don't see it much, but the Confederate flag is almost like treason in most parts of the US. In the South, maybe people still use it - if they believe in what the Confederates stood for. I don't know, but it depends on one's ideology. (I don't know if you watch, but on the TV show "Greek," one of the characters had a Confederate flag on the wall in his dorm. I was shocked and so were many of the other characters, so...)

Let me tell you something. Whenever the Confederate Battle Flag is attacked, and here is why the attacks are so vicious and so ferocious, is because it is an attack on the truth. Because the South was not fighting as a racist nation or as a slave holding nation. They were fighting for constitutional rights. They were fighting for States’ rights. Did you know that there were many in the South when it came to adopting a flag, said let's take the Stars and Stripes. Why? Because we are the ones that are remaining true to the constitution. Let them adopt another flag because they are untrue! To attack the flag is an attack on political incorrectness. The flag represents those who are opposed to unlimited federal government. The flag represents a limited Constitutional republic. A view of government opposed to the powers-that-be. Let me tell you something folks, all one has to do is to look at present day Washington, D.C. to know exactly what our forefathers fought against. Two hundred and fifty thousand Confederate soldiers gave their lives to prevent from having what we have today! The extension of government into every area of our lives is a result of the fact the South lost the War. To attack the flag is to attack the truth, which the flag represented. The Confederate flag not only represents a limited view of government, but it also represents freedom from tyranny. It represents freedom from tyrannical governments. I don't know how many of you will remember this, I know many of you saw it on TV, when the Berlin Wall was being torn down. Do you remember what was flying over the Berlin Wall? The Confederate Battle Flag as the wall was being torn down. Did you know that the Confederate Battle Flag has been adopted and used by the people of Poland, Hungary, the Ukraine, Lithuania and East Germany, as they were victorious over the Union of the Soviets? Why in today's World, it has to do with racism and so on, when ORIGINALLY, WHEN THE FLAG CAME OUT, IT DID NOT HAVE THAT MEANING OR PURPOSE FOR AMERICANS?

Source(s): Just my humble opinion (and I'm not even American but Italian but we were taught History through "facts" not personal assumptions).

Clo is absolutely right. I clicked to answer but notice she has said it all.