Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCamcorders · 1 decade ago

Filming/audio advice needed please!?

I'm making a short film project with some friends, and my camera isn't the best for recording audio. Are there any fairly inexpensive ways to remedy this? We've tried finding quiet spots to film, doesn't help much. I don't have the money for a new camera.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Record your audio on an inexpensive digital recorder and add it to the video in post. The audio recording can be done either while the video is being recorded or afterwards in an ADR session . Digital editing now makes both very practical.

WK

Source(s): Certified A/V Tech & Videographer

First off, you should NOT move. : ) Second, What in the hell is wrong with those people? Thirdly (and most important) Yes, file a lawsuit against the hoa and against the president personally. TODAY, go and file the restraining order. Just because he is the president of the HOA, does NOT give him ANY authority to enter your home or garage. EVER! My dad was pres of an HOA once. Fourth. Did you know that if you shoot someone INSIDE your house, it's considered self defense? Just make sure he is INSIDE your house. With the kids, you have an airtight case. Freakin pedophile! Suggest he was going to harm your dogs and your children. Glad your other neighbor was evicted, that some worry off your shoulders. Fifth. he was going to shut up your dogs? If they weren't barking, what EXACTLY did he mean. He's threatening your dogs! USE THAT AGAINST HIM! Seriously! Animal abuse is a crime. Sixth. The Cat will take care of it all for you. He's good at "taking care" of unwanted things, spiders, bugs and probably even people. Good luck!

I would highly highly suggest saving a few bucks and renting out audio equipment. A DAT recorder works fantastically and allows you to change audio settings.

Audio is highly important in any film because people take it for granted. Once something sounds poor or is off sync, people will notice and it can ruin a very good looking film.

You can download audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) for free, and if you have a mike you can do voice overs in your movie. If you want to use the same sound from your movie, there is an option to get the outside noises out of the sound clips. This program is very similar to Adobe Audition.

Try using a external mic if your camera supports it, but careful about the mics, the one thing I hate about using cheap mics is bad noise.