who originally said the quote: why is there enough religion to incite war but not enough to instill tolerance?

cause i really would like to know and i dont have enough time to spend more hours searching for the originator of this quote, i would really much more appreciate it if u had for certain the name of the orignator, versus someone from a metal band or something that said it, thank you all very much

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I believe it was Thorin Oakenshield

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Religion as its basic form is a way of life and still is until now. No one should interfere with someones devotion. But gradually doctrines have been created to attract more people and to protect the believers for not turning into another religion. This doctrines furthermore as I recall has also been used by extremist as a reason for denomination called "as the will of God". Personally I think no religion in its basic form incites war whatsoever.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

cause i really would like to know and i dont have enough time to spend more hours searching for the originator of this quote, i would really much more appreciate it if u had for certain the name of the orignator, versus someone from a metal band or something that said it, thank you all very much

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wicked Jester Clothing, as stated by Thorin Oakenshield.

Great quote.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

as quoted by Thorin

*Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance*

Wasn't that from Tolkien's The Hobbit?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sorry. I have tried looking up on google trying to find out who wrote this quote/ proverb ( whatever you want to call it) but, nothing, and I mean nothing cam up. I tried searching the the actual quote and quote.com but nothing came up. Sorry :(

Source(s): www.google.com www.quote.com
  • 1 decade ago

I'm not quite sure, but I'm interested in the answer as well.

Perhaps if you put in the whole phrase in Google, you would find that person?

Source(s): Atheist
  • 1 decade ago

Some Atheist people

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could look it up:

mTheAntiChrist666's Journal: Why is there enough religion to ...

Why is there enough religion to incite war, But not enough religion to instill tolerance? I'm only posting this in MY opinion, so if you have a problem with ...

www.quizilla.com/user/.../journal/.../why-is-there-enough-religion-to-incite-war-but-not-enough-religion-to-instill-tolerance/ - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

why is there enough religion to incite war. but not enough ...

why is there enough religion to incite war. but not enough religion to instill tolerance. HomeBlogPhotosVideoMusicCalendar ...

projecthackerman.multiply.com/photos/album/10/californication - 83k - Cached - Similar pages

why is there enough religion to incite war. but not enough ...

why is there enough religion to incite war. but not enough religion to instill tolerance ... There's a spiritual emptiness So the youth them get vexed ...

projecthackerman.multiply.com/video/item/17/Matisyahu-Youth - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

More results from projecthackerman.multiply.com »

Jane's Combat Flight Sim - HFT Online Forums

Why is there enough Religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance! US Xpress 2006 Volvo. PcKiller. View Public Profile ...

www.hftonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10751 - 48k - Cached - Similar pages

Silent Hill 2 - HFT Online Forums

Mar 7, 2003 ... Why is there enough Religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance! US Xpress 2006 Volvo ...

www.hftonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11965 - 52k - Cached - Similar pages

More results from www.hftonline.com »

How is it there is enough religion to incite war, but not enough...

How is it there is enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance? Religion separates people of differing ideological stances ...

www.answerbag.com/q_view/750633 - 74k - Cached - Similar pages

Question on a headlight assembly : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums ...

Nov 8, 2006 ... Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough to instill tolerance? reddeth is offline. reddeth. View Public Profile ...

www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118122 - 69k - Cached - Similar pages

What does this quote mean? - Yahoo! Answers

also this one "why is there enough religion to incite war but not enough religion to instill tolerance?" 3 days ago. one more "When Injustice becomds law . ...

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080819031305AAt3SDq - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

Atheism as a religion - by Tim Steiner - Helium

"Why is there enough religion in the world to incite wars but not enough religion to instill tolerance." atheism has not had a hand in any wars. ...

www.helium.com/items/567568-atheism-as-a-religion - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

Shofar So Good - Video

Why Is There Enough Religion To Incite W... Why Is There ...

5 min

www.metacafe.com/watch/38990/shofar_so_good/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't remember the name, but Vogue is wrong. It was NOT google.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.