Just me. asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Spices or Seasonings to use in Vegetable soup?

Hi everyone. I'm making a vegetable soup right now. The ingredients are carrots, onion, cabbage, celery & potoates. What spices can I use to give it more taste? It's cooking in a bulong stock right now. Any suggestions? I have added pepper, but what else? (the bulong already has salt in it) Thanks.

Best Answer

a few sprigs of thyme, a couple of bay leaves, salt, maybe some oregano and basil if you like.

Seasoning For Vegetable Soup

Vegetable Soup Seasoning

Vegetable soup is great as a light, delicate soup and as you cook it, the flavor will deepen.

I like to always add 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 tsp. garlic salt, and a bay leaf to my vegetable soup. You might also add dark red kidney beans or cannelini beans. I'd try a can of Vegetable Stock too.

If you have Fresh Basil on hand, when you are ready to eat your soup, tear some fresh basil and sprinkle it on top of your soup, along with a few pieces of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese.

You can also sprinkle Green Onion on top.

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aU9dP

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• mark

Traditional are thyme and bay as the 1st poster indicated.

I like to stir in a few tablespoons of pesto sauce for the rich basil/garlic taste too.

If you want to go Asian, some ginger slices, garlic, a little fish sauce and some soy would be good too

Basil leaf and then when you are about ready to eat just ad some shredded cheese and a cold glass of milk that is all you need but if you like spicy stuff ad the red sauce you get in the chinese section of your grocery store it is in a plastic bottle w/ a squeeze cap red

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ovWcw

Salt ( a small pinch), black pepper, garlic and if you have some basil it is especially good if you have a tin of tomatos in there, if you hungry chop up a potato and put it in, less fattening then bread but just as filling. Enjoy.............

A bay leaf or two and a few sprigs of thyme (or if you have dry, crumbled thyme, like a tsp). Pepper is good. Maybe a little oregano.

• Janet

Fruits. Bananas are my favorite. btw did you know that tomatoes are the #1 selling fruits? true beans