Dave
Lv 6
Dave asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Jane Austen connections for the Bingleys...with the marriage to Jane did they improve?

I am asking because would the Bingley's sisters and social standing increase because Jane is now associated with the Darcy's through Elisabeths marriage...so are the sisters happy?

I am sure they wanted thier brother to marry Mr. Darcy's sister, but since he did not...and married into the Bennet's family was it good or bad for them?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

erm, well, i dont really understand your question, but il try.

they were not happy about the marraige. they pretended to be kind to jane, but they acctually thought they were inferior to them, and not really worthy. and jane was connected to mr.darcy, but not in any tangible way where they would beneift in anything other than his company. one of them wanted to marry mr.darcy, and was annoyed when he married lizzi. the other one didnt like him for the same reason. they stood out for each other, but because they were mean, if that makes sense! they didnt like jane because they realised that their brother was in love with her, but they didnt want him to be. im not sure about your theory about them wanting their brother to marry darcy's sister, but as one of them was planning to marry darcy, they would probably be very happy with the idea.

hope that is helpful!

• demski
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

whilst i'm an excellent fan of 'showing' rather of 'telling' in writing utilization, i think that nineteenth century England wasn't incredibly the area for countless 'showing' to flow on, in case you already know what I mean. you may no longer say (insert Austen heroine right here)'s face contorted with anger, simply by fact the heroine in a Austen novel could rather smile and make some sort of witty remark that contained some undercurrent-y barb. i'm a extensive fan of Austen novels, yet characters in Austen novels are very, very repressed of their expressions. in case you have ever study the Gemma Doyle sequence by skill of Libba Bray, you will get what i'm speaking approximately. Gemma and her acquaintances are energetic, lively youngsters, yet they 'coach' so plenty better than Austen heroines, regardless of being interior a similar era. i think that's simply by their personalities being very distinctive from Austen-characters. i'm no longer asserting this may be a nasty element, yet you will likely no longer have Elizabeth feeling 'the wind dance by using her hair' or Anne "feeling the soreness in her coronary heart like a actual soreness" or in spite of the expressions of 'showing' often tell. And that, for me, is fairly genius artwork, on Austen's area. Austen heroine's do no longer incredibly "coach" on an excellent point, so for Austen to tell the story that way could make it virtually much less ... real, virtually. besides, i do no longer incredibly have a difficulty with how Austen writes, i admire her the way she is. in spite of if it is a interesting question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.