Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

what happens if you paint your teeth white with nail polish?

My cousin always does this, and her teeth are really white.

Is this bad for you?

Favorite Answer

Whatever you do, do not do this technique. My friend once did this before the grand ball, and on the way there, a bear mauled him. Doctors said the bear probably saw a glare off of my friend's blinding white teeth, and thought it was an enemy bear.

Tall your cousin to be on the lookout for bears. If she sees one, tell her NOT TO SMILE.

Source(s): My friend's life changing experience.

Paint Teeth White

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is this bad for you?

Source(s): paint teeth white nail polish: https://biturl.im/eCCDg

do all you people think that bleaching is safe for your teeth. I dont know the answer to her question but i do know that none of you know the answer either. I would think a quick drying paint for finger nails would dry on the front of a dry tooth.you dont drink the paint you just dab a little on a tooth right! when i painted houses, cars, etc paint ended up all over and im sure i must have tasted some, i certainly breathed some. theeth will absorb stuff so laquer thinner would probably be not a good idea...also for 7 bucks you can buy theater tooth paint

OMG! that is so crazy to do, the polish I am sure is toxic especially in your MOUTH! How old is your cousin? Probably really young I am thinking. Please tell her that it is toxic and that she should just brush regularly and floss. She can use teeth whiting tooth paste, tooth gel strips, whiting mouth wash, and whiting laser treatment, teeth cleaning and polishing treatments, over night whiting treatments (over the counter) heck most of these are over the counter, meaning you can buy them at the drug store (Wal Mart) for cheap or go to a low income dentist if you don't have insurance and want to whiter your teeth without dying poison by painting your teeth with finger nail polish. Good Luck and please call, stop over there, mail a email, a letter or something to your cousin and stop this madness before something terrible happens.

Source(s): own knowledge

You shouldn't put nail polish if your mouth.

There are whiteners that come in a bottle and you apply it with a brush similar to nail polish. The difference is, it is a whitener!

If you want white teeth and can't afford to do it at the dentist then try the Listerine white strips that dissolve. They do work, my dentist was surprised when I was there last visit and wanted to know what I used.

listen. all you idiots who are telling this poor child that it is unhealthy... do you not want them to have white teeth? is that it? THIS IS HEALTHY! You aren t going to harm your teeth from this process and it will make your teeth look super white! plus if you have red paint you can do your lips as well. for a glossy finish just add lacquer. And finally, I would definitely recommend, that if you want better smelling breath, just take a bite out of your deodorant each day, and it should last between 24 - 48 hours, plus your mouth won t sweat so that s an added bonus.

If you just try all these things your appearance will improve! throw those health "rumors" out the door and try this.

Source(s): please google "The answer to life the universe and everything"

I feel like even if it works, you'd be making it so you can't brush your teeth directly because there's a coat of nail polish over them, and they'd just turn more yellow from that. Kinda like nose spray addiction. You use it once, and the next time you need to use more for the same effect until you're buying insane amounts of nose spray and making it so your nose can't do its thing.

I have never heard of that before but nail polish stinks so bad how could you have that in your mouth?

I can't imagine that it would be good for your teeth, and besides, it would get chipped off quickly by any food coming into contact with it.

I'd invest in some Whitestrips instead.

I would think so nail polish has lots of chemicals in it....I mean think about it to get it off your nails you have to use another different chemical .........your not even supposed to swallow tooth paste for heavens sake