Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Has there ever been a football franchise as big of failure as K.C. Chiefs?

I used to be fan...not anymore. I gave up. I kinda feel sorry for the fans. Putting all that hope into a team that has never really amounted to ****. The fans deserve more.

By saying i wasn't a true fan...u don't know what u are talking about. I really believe the GM for the last 20 years Carl Peterson never really cared if the Chiefs made it to Super Bowl. He just wanted ticket sales. Good examples would be bringing in Joe Montana and players like Marcus Allen. You can't build a team around these guys as they were on there way out. They have been bringing in cheap older veterans that were real good in there prime just for to fill the seats. The fans r sick of it.

Niki Broncos fan...it's easy to like a team that has won Superbowls isn't it?

Favorite Answer

Of all time?? Saints

Have you seen the Lions? They have won exactly 1 playoff game since 1957! I think that qualifies them a a bigger failure! As the dreaded "Matt Millen Era" got started so did unprecidented losing. They are 31-84 in the past 7 + years (that is worse than the expansion Texans over the same timeframe) and set the record for road losing streaks (they went 3 full seasons of ZERO road wins...an NFL record!). And how many wide receivers in a row did your Chiefs draft with top 10 picks? We did it in 4 straight drafts and you can see how well that worked out! You currently have it rough, Lions fans have suffered huge futility for 50 years and counting. At least you guys have actually had playoff teams and a Super Bowl championship to look back on, ours is a legacy of incompetence from the Ford family who have NEVER cared about the fans....can you say that? We understand some of your frustration but living here we sure dont feel real sorry for you, try being a Lions fan for awhile and you will fall back in love with your Chiefs!

You gave up? Come on, I have been a Colts fan since the 90's (when I started paying attention to football) and they sucked and looked like they were never going to be good (a 1-15 season and a 3-13 season in a row), but I stuck with them and look what they got two years ago, a super bowl win, also I am a HUGE Pacers fan, and they suck, and probably won't be good for a really long time, but no way in hell I will stop being a Pacers fan. so stick with them, don't quit on your team, or I guess your not a real fan.

How long have the Chiefs been doing badly? 2,3 years tops? Have you checked out the Lions? True fans will still go see the Chiefs and maybe they will fire Herman Edwards or do a little better in the draft. But calling the Chiefs a failure in terms of a football franchise is a bit hasty!

• Real fans stick by their team no matter what, winning or losing seasons, your just embrassing yourself right now.

Look at the Browns or the Rams, their fans have been through hell and back with their teams, and let me tell you at least here in Cleveland, they dont care if the Browns are winning or losing they support their team no matter what.

Yeah my team has won the superbowl, but even if they didnt, I would still be a fan, I grew up a fan and will die a fan even if we were to never win a game again.

Source(s): Broncos fan for 20+ years
  • Yes. Not the Rams, they were once the Greatest show on Turf. Not the Jets, they've won a Super Bowl. So have the Bucs. But besides their near-NFC Championship season in 2006, nothing has ever gone right for the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS.

• Nikky - Please get real. The Broncos? Your loyalty hasn't really been tested. C'mon.

I think being a fair-weather fan is the only way to be anyway. Are you seriously gonna sit through sports if they're painfully boring? Not this dickhole. The Lions are the most painfullly boring thing a human being can be exposed to. I'm willing to bet their stats can back me up to. I'm sure they lead the league all-time in unmanagable 3rd downs.

Everyone knows the Lions are the worst franchise in sports history. Out of all the major sports the Lions rule in futility.

The Eagles never won a superbowl, but have been to 2.

The Rams are much worse.

My Bears pis me off.

Source(s): I gave up on my bears too.

any team that played in LA