Does anyone have any job searching tips?

I've been having a really hard time getting jobs and i've done many applications however i haven't received a call yet. I also never held a job before so this would be my first. How long would i have to wait to hear a respond? Also Does anyone have any tips for me?

The jobs i've been applying in are mainly in the clothing stores, since it deals with somewhat of a design and art.

Favorite Answer

Job searching can be tough. People assume that getting a job is easy; but in reality it's not. There's a lot of employers out there that are rude and picky.

When you are looking for your first job; you have to apply to work everywhere you can think of. Supermarkets, resturants, mall shops, coffee shops, hotels, cafes, bookstores, fast-food resturants, department stores, convenience stores, begal/donut shops, pet supply stores, anywhere you can think of.

I don't like how a lot of places treat job applicants; but you may be treated poorly by some places. Don't let it surprise you; many people like to treat job searchers like garbage.

Here's one important fact (that most people don't realize): Let's say theres two retail stores close to eachother. One retail store has a "help wanted" sign up. The other retail store is accepting job applications but doesn't have a "help wanted" sign up. The store with a "help wanted" sign is going to get more job applicants. The more job applicants a business gets; the less of a chance you have to be called in for an interview. There are always people who are job searching.

If you want to know if a place is hiring or not; ask a manager there. The hourly employees aren't always sure if hiring or not.

When I was job searching I handed in job applications; wearing a bottoned-down shirt and a nice pair of long cargo pants. I had employers call me in for an interview 3-5 days after handing in the application. I applied for a hotel job once; and the employer called me in for an interview like 3 weeks after I handed-in the application. So the time it takes an employer to call you really depends. Then of course; you will apply for jobs and never hear from the employer.

Job searching can suck; you will apply for jobs you are capable of doing; and you will get turned down for that job. This happened to me like 30-40 times. Regardless if you apply for a job in-person or online; be clean, well-dressed, quiet, easy-going, calm, and use a common sense. Don't be a "big-mouth" or a "show-off" when you hand in a job application. Big-mouths are huge turn-offs.

If you are a student; you may have to work around your school schedule more than you want to. You may have to take a job further from your house than you want to. When I was job searching; no one would hire me in my area where I live. So I ended up taking a job that is 45 minutes north of my house. That was my only option at that point, so be preapared. E-mail me via yahoo; if you want a little more advice. Goodluck.

Source(s): 2 years experience in job searching. Sales associate for a large retail store.

2

Source(s): Get Money Taking Surveys - http://onlinesurveys.iukiy.com/?gQrW

Search all type of Job Vacancies in India available on CareerMKT.com. You can Contact for Employment Job in our job search engine website and Online Employment India Career Opportunities.

I am a Career Coach and Resume Writer. You can find my podcast "Creating a Brilliant Career Life" on iTunes. I also have a YouTube channel (look for bohemedude).

Most people will get a job through relationships. You have to be out there networking and telling everyone you know that you're looking for a job and WHAT you want to do. Ask for introductions to people at the companies you're targeting. Make sure you have a really good résumé. If you can afford to have one professionally written, go for it.

It's important to take advantage of all the tools available...job boards, social media, networking events, professional organizations, your personal network, etc.

jerome@TheResumeShopINK.com

Source(s): www.TheResumeShopINK.com

Have you been using online job search sites like Monster to apply? If you want to stick out, the best method would be to directly contact the hiring manager. I definitely recommend doing this through LinkedIn. Here's a few tips and suggestions:

http://www.smashingresumes.com/2013/09/searching-o...

Hi there, a couple of weeks back I was looking out for a job, a fresh start, and I discovered this brilliant website, http://howlongformyjob.notlong.com/ They have some splendid tips and tricks, and some educational links as well. Inside three weeks I landed a job. I won't advise you what it is, but I do it at home and I adore it!

I Was Searching Online, i reached a place and :Oh Yes!: the time has came that you can earn even 10,000$ wihtout having any website and the amazing thing is that this system is free to join http://mazachannel.com/homebizjobs.html and the condition is this, that you can join more then one online money making programs 4 free and there you can also find Full Job List to increase your income within Seconds.(It depends on you that you want to work there for part time or full time 4 free)

Searching for a job is a long process that require patience. I have sent out hundreds of applications and simply lost track of when and to where they were sent.

I then found a tool called Jobform. It's a free tool to keep track of everything, when it comes to applications. Its quite good. It's online on www.jobform.com

Getting a job is hard, especially if it's your first job. However, if you use a recruitment agency, you can achieve much better results as the consultant should be able to help find jobs that suit your experience (even if it's life experience) and training. You can check out this great recruitment Youtube channel that gives lots of tips on applying for jobs etc. They also give advice to employers for how to interview and it can be really useful to understand what employers are looking for in an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6MTXN5n8qhGV0urr...

Listen first time job applicant,

Starting an employment history is never easy and in today’s competitive economy, looking for a new job can be nerve wrecking. Companies seem to have more applications than they do positions and if you want to compete for the job, you must prepare yourself to be considered. Organization and preparation is the key to getting your application or resume placed in the inner circle. When you consider the competition…..and you should consider the competition…..the decision to take proactive steps are critical and will determine your success.

Source(s): www.workfirst64.com