Who is R. Mitchell? What does the R stand for? ?

I have this painting that looks really old. At the bottom, it was signed "R. Mitchell". In the painting it looks like it is fall and there is an old barn or shed & an old wagon. Thanks to all who answer.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Since it looks like an American scene (Autumn, barn, shed, wagon) it could very well be Robert Mitchell or Reuben Mitchell.

    Artnet.com has a list of British and American painters which may be helpful.

    Also, check your local yellow page listings for "Appraisals, Art" for a better answer.

    Best of luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.