how do i redeem a itunes gift card on itunes?

I have a gift card that my dad bought at the store. but when i enter the code on itunes it says that it hasn't been activated. what or where should i do it or like work it?

Favorite Answer

Install the latest version of iTunes. You can download iTunes (it's free) from the Download iTunes webpage. If iTunes is already installed on your computer, check your version and update if necessary.

Open iTunes.

In the Source list (on the left side of the iTunes window), click iTunes Store.

In the upper-right corner of the iTunes Store window, click the Sign In button. If you are already signed in, skip to step 6.

Sign in to the iTunes Store using your iTunes account information.

In the QUICK LINKS window in the right-hand column, click Redeem.

In the resulting screen, enter the 16-digit code printed on the back of the card (it starts with an "X"), then click Redeem.

plz choose as best answer

Source(s): mom works at apple

go to itunes and on the home page on the right there is a box and like the 5th "'phrase"' down it should redeem/purchase itunes gift card

then agree to their terms etc...

Source(s): GOOD LUCK I USE IT ALL THE TIME