Anonymous

Why do some people think when a black guy doesn't date a white girl...?

out of prefrence, he's being close minded and racist, but when a white guy doesn't date a black girl, he's just doing it out of preference and not racist? and please, read the question for I said SOME not all. It's something I noticed in my area, not so sure on others.

ah, it most a northern thang... more specifically minnesota lol

Favorite Answer

I know what you mean. White girls are always trying to get with me but I'm not trying to be with a white woman. I have dated a few only just to see what it's like but I will never be in a relationship with one and I will never date one again because I like black women the most and that's who I'm going to marry. When I tell people that, especially white women, they get mad and say I'm racist or closed minded all the time which is ridiculous. What ever happened to them calling it having a "preference." That's all out the window when you're talking about white women because they believe all black men want them which isn't true. And they want guys of all races to want them but we all don't.

dope said that your boy is racist but he may not be.Most parents teach not on purpose but it comes across that dating someone your own race is easier because of the outside world and even if we like it or not we have different cultures that believe in different things and mixing love which is hard enough but with that the different culture and or religion with the outside world is very stressful to deal with. The answer to your question is yes he could reconsider , be really good friends with him and things might progress. A relationship should be based on friendship anyway.

• Karel

Well, I have to blame this on some black men......they make white women think that they are the most beautiful women on the earth......and in reality, most black men love black women

it's hard for some white women to believe that there are men(of all different races) who do not find them attractive and who want to settle down and be with women they have something in common with

I haven't heard of that one ... I tend to hear it the other way around. Possibly because where I live, it's common for black men to date white women out of preference. *shrugs*

I only date black girls and I aint racist

Just only like Black women and women with Black in them cant find that beauty in other races (my preference)

Maybe Im ignorant to this but I aint heard this one before

well i think b/c society puts white men in a higher standing than black men....b/c they feel like ALL black men think "the white man has done this to me, and the white man has done that to me..." so why would their attitude toward white women be any different?....that's how society sees it...they feel like well you don't see white men saying "the black men has done this to me, and the black man has done that to me..." so maybe it is just out of preference...but i personally feel a lot more white guys like black girls but arent as open about it as black men obviously are with white women b/c of what their family and friends would think or b/c they feel like we're all ghetto "shaniquas"...but yeah....not to say that all black men who dont like white women or all white men who don't like black women are racist...im just stating my view....

Source(s): imblack,mybfswhite

uhm its just about preference

it doesn't mean a person is racist either way lol

maybe they just prefer one to another

I think if a white guy doesnt date a black girl he's being closed minded, but of course everybody is entitled to their own preferences...i guess...

ya know i've seen so many variations on this theme i can't even keep track anymore. most folks will keep doing what they're doing anyway so i really don't see what the fuss is

What? Never heard that one before. I have always heard the excuse "I am just attracted to these people" being accepted regardless of the races and races of genders involved.

When you prefer one race, you are displaying racist behavior whether you like it or not.