Christians, how have you been persecuted today?

Come on, let it all out......

Favorite Answer

Christians are not persecuted rather the other way round but they do get attacked whilst other religions are not!!

Ask yourself why it is only Christians that get attacked and not the other religions?!!!!

Do you not recognise that Christians are provoking retaliation and repudiation for their terrible attitudes?!!

Perhaps if Christians stopped their intolerant, egotistical, hate filled and bigoted postings things might change!!

Perhaps if Christians stopped eschewing education, science, evolution works of fiction and much, much more things might change!!

Perhaps if Christians stopped being the only religion opposing human rights and persecuting gays, pro choice and so much more things might change!!

Perhaps if Christians stopped demanding freedom of religion whilst they deny it to all non Christians and persecute them things might change!! !!!

If Christians rediscovered the god of love and forgiveness and put aside all those terrible human emotions things would definitely change!!!!

Why are Christians so afraid of people who simply do not believe in any god?!!!! Surely it can only be because they are so afraid they may be right or it would not bother them!!!!!!

• W

Christians? Persecuted? LOL. Read a history book. They've been the ones doing the persecuting. Try being an agnostic in Tennessee and that talk to me about persecution.

There's very little persecution of Christians in the world today. Stories can be found, but the question remains: how many others are being persecuted for other beliefs and cultures? My answer: many.

Ever read the attempt to pass the constitution restoration act. This Nazi bastards wanted to but God in the Constitution and avert anything the supreme court had to say about civil rights about religious freedom. Sooner or later an armed uprising will occur IF America becomes an official theocracy. I won't live under a theocracy and take down as many as possible with me! Christian (not all) are disgusting social parasites when it comes to freedom.

Source(s): American Deist-I won't go quietly

You're strange. I get more "persecution" from having Asperger's than I do from being Christian. Of course, I live in America where the freedom to practice religion is protected. By the way, I put "persecution" in quotes because I don't believe that there really is much persecution in the US. Someone disagreeing with me, or calling me stupid, or whatever, while offensive sometimes, is not "persecution". Now, the Christian's being burned alive in riots in India, or massacred in South Africa or whatever, they are definitely being persecuted. Sadly, such atrocities are far too common in some places and are not limited to religious beliefs.

Edit - Sage, is the sky blue in your world?

<Do you not recognise that Christians are provoking retaliation and repudiation for their terrible attitudes?!!>

While some Christians have terrible attitudes it is far from all. You are making a gross generalization here.

<Perhaps if Christians stopped their intolerant, egotistical, hate filled and bigoted postings things might change!!>

Do you truly not see the obvious parallel between your post and what you are claiming of Christians? Yes, once again, there are *some* Christians who are intolerant, egotistical, hate filled and bigoted. There are also some Jews, Muslims, Pagans, Hindus, Atheists, etc who also post such trash. It is a human condition, not a "Christian" condition that causes such bile.

<Perhaps if Christians stopped eschewing education, science, evolution works of fiction and much, much more things might change!!>

While I do believe in education and firmly believe in helping children to think critically, I find your assertion that if Christians would just "fall into line" educationally speaking, it would eliminate attacks on Christianity to be both implausible and somewhat frightening. Just believe what Big Brother tells you is true and all will be well? I don't think so. Please don't presume to tell me what to think or believe and I will cheerfully allow you the same priviledge. I don't have to believe in evolution to be educated OR intelligent. In fact, I think it is quite intelligent of me to take my time before accepting *any* claim from science. Science is not some super accurate oracle on life. It is simply a tool for examining our world and like any tool can be misused, inaccurate or even broken.

<Perhaps if Christians stopped being the only religion opposing human rights and persecuting gays, pro choice and so much more things might change!!>

The "only" religion? Have you heard of what goes on under Sharia law? Do you have any clue what goes on under various other cultures and religions? Perhaps if people like you opened your eyes and stepped back a little to look at the big picture you'd see that there are good and bad people in every faith and belief system. Some will use their religion as an excuse to belittle, discriminate and hate. Others, probably most, will use it to try and be a better person.

<Perhaps if Christians stopped demanding freedom of religion whilst they deny it to all non Christians and persecute them things might change!! !!!>

Yeah, all Christians across the globe are the *only* ones who have ever been guilty of such behavior.

<If Christians rediscovered the god of love and forgiveness and put aside all those terrible human emotions things would definitely change!!!!>

I don't know about a definite change, but I'll agree that Christians should be remembering that God is love and wants us to be loving and forgiving and encouraging to each other.

<Why are Christians so afraid of people who simply do not believe in any god?!!!! Surely it can only be because they are so afraid they may be right or it would not bother them!!!!!!>

I'm not afraid of another faith (although I'd be scared to death if the US accepted Sharia law like the UK seems to have) but I can see that you have a lot of anger towards Christianity. Perhaps you should apply some of your analytical skills to figuring out the source of your anger and a way to deal with it. Anger eats away at you, you know.

easily, even nevertheless the form protects freedom of religion, i think of that different religions are persecuted. Chrisitanity is the main important church community in united statesa., Judaism at a exact 2d. somewhat with what's happening interior the middle East, i think of Muslims are being persecuted and being profiled in united statesa. at present extra so than the different religious team. you're spectacular nevertheless in saying which you do not see Christinas being persecuted in united statesa. at present. i does not say that all and sundry religions at the instant are not being persecuted. there is prejudice from human beings and our government because of the fact of non secular ideals. yet this is purely my opinion.

One of the major things that i see as persecution of Christians is tht in schools across Amercia young gullable, soak up everything kids are being taught how the earth was formed through science or a big bang and how humans came from monkeys. I think our children should be taught this as long as they are taught the other side to. Creation by God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. But that is not allowed in schools. It would be wrong to pollute our childrens minds that way.

Thats just one of the ways Christians are persecuted.

and hey, thanks for letting me Vent =]

p.s. Right on Silent Bob!!!!

Christians are the persecutors NOT the persecuted.

Christians are persecuting themselves with their ignorance.

Well, I tried to go to church this morning but the devil damaged the church through Hurricane Ike!!! Just kidding, just kidding!!! It is damaged though and I couldn't go to church.

I haven't been. It's a beautiful Sunday morning.