Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

how did jesus want people to act?

can someone please give me some information on how jesus wanted people to act?

Favorite Answer

Jesus, himself, modeled the way we should act. He was gentle, forgiving, truthful, at times angry and blunt (when people were just being jerks). He wasn't a doormat. When challenged about His teaching or acts, He always answered directly and without apology, because He knew His words and deeds were righteous...or right. There's a key point, when we live upright lives, following His lead, we won't have to be covering up or trying to make excuses for ourselves.

Of course, as humans, we WILL make mistakes, bad choices, and do things we know we shouldn't have. When that happens, we are to ADMIT IT (not defend ourselves or make excuses), apologize, ask forgiveness (from God always, and others if they've been wronged), and make things right in those circumstances where that's possible.

Also, Jesus never failed to give the credit, or glory, to God.

Source(s): The entire Bible is the story of Jesus. The Old Testament is a 'foreshadowing'...kinda like a foretelling in code...of Christ's coming, life and salvation of man. The New Testament tells the actual events of His birth, teaching, death, resurrection and instructions to us as believers.

What annoys me is the people acting like a prat and hiding behind Jesus or religion.

I mean I can be a prat but at least I'm not hiding behind any religion to do it. I would rather somebody be themselves than two faced and trying to act like this Jesus was supposed to be.

He wanted people to show kindness and concern to each other. Jesus main two request were #1 to love God and #2 to love others. That is basically it.

jesus wanted us to act like he did. God sent us Jesus as an example to how we should live. Now, that doesn't mean we have the power to heal people. We should however forgive people, love one another, and try our hardest not to sin.

hope that helps!

Jesus wanted people to act like him, and honor God. He knew His people would not be perfect, nor does he expect them to be. Jesus just wants His followers to act like He does.

Go to the source. The new testament has plenty of Jesus' teachings for us to model our behavior after. It can be summed up with Loving the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul and loving your neighbor as yourself.

Blessings

I would mostly agree with “You I”, because Christ wants His followers to: deny their own will, and take the wrong and forgive, and give up their rights, and make themselves last of all and servant of all, and enter into the lowest but never the highest, and not confront nor withstand mistreatment, to speak well of those that curse them, to be kind to those that hate them, to care for their enemies, to treat others as they would wish to be treated; and such like things would Christ have those that say they belong to Him, conform to.

Jesus used his tongue to build people up. He offered them spiritual refreshment by proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom to them. (Luke 8:1) Jesus also refreshed those who became his disciples by revealing his heavenly Father to them. (Matthew 11:25-27) No wonder people were drawn to Jesus!

Jesus fully understood the plight of the oppressed. Indeed, “on seeing the crowds he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.” (Matthew 9:36) But Jesus went beyond seeing their pitiable condition; he did something about it. He extended the invitation: “Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you.” He also gave this assurance: “My yoke is kindly and my load is light.”—Matthew 11:28, 30.

Today, we live in “critical times hard to deal with.” (2 Timothy 3:1) Many people feel weighed down by “the anxiety of this system of things.” (Matthew 13:22) Others have the burden of distressing personal circumstances. (1 Thessalonians 5:14) How can we supply refreshment to those in need? Like Christ, we can help to lighten their load.

Refreshing dew results from thousands of tiny water droplets that gently descend, seemingly out of nowhere. Likewise, bringing refreshment to others is not as likely to result from just one noble act as it is from the cumulative effects of our displaying Christlike qualities at all times.

“In brotherly love have tender affection for one another,” wrote the apostle Paul. “In showing honor to one another take the lead.” (Romans 12:10) Apply Paul’s counsel by our speech and actions and be really refreshing to others.

Sure, Jesus gave a total of 1,050 directives that are recorded in the New Testament.

They are all listed in a pleasant for here:

http://www.christianblog.com/blog/bimonics/do-you-...

Jesus wanted people to obey the commandments!