My brand new cadillac sts's headlights are fogging up?

I just bought a cadillac sts v8 2007 and the when i wash the car the headlights fog up should that happen?is that normal or should i ask for my headlights to be replaced ? i heard that they should be airtight??

Best Answer

Take it back, they are leakin, it's as simple as that.

Bit Pilsman

Air-tight is correct! look behind the headlight to see if there is a cover that is missing or not tight. This could also indicate that the vehicle may have been involved in a accident and the headlights were replaced with used ones. You should get no condensation inside of the head light housing.

Another option is to remove the whole head light and take a tube of clear Silicone and go around the seals of the headlight. Remember to make sure that there is no condensation inside when you do this. if this doesn't work, then the air leak is somewhere else. Hope this helps.

they should be air light, but sometimes you can buy stuff that is,nt what it,s suppose to be. take some clear silicone and run a small bead around where the seal is.