Finance/Math vs Economics/Math Double Major?

Which one is the better combination for job outlook and earning potential?

Favorite Answer

Oh wow, this is hard.

Well, I'm takin' Economics/Math right now and so far, I'm really glad I took it. It's an enjoyable major.

But Finance major is good too. Its just that, Economics is a lot harder and they're almost the same if you ask me.

Economics just looks a lot more.... professional... you should master it too.

Just don't worry about it. For about 5 years, I was the math department faculty advisor to all incoming Freshman who declared that they wanted to be math/econ majors (it was a specillay design major). In April of their sophomore year, I would schedule them all to come in and see me and say "OK. What is your prospecive major and who do you want me to send the folder to?". At keast 9/10 would say some other department completely unrelated to math/econ. Study what you like and what moves you....