Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

How can I start writing a book?

I want to write a book - I know the story, I know the characters - I just need some assistance on making sure it's not too confusing and such. I want to have a set story line and set characters, etc. Aren't there companies that assist writers? What should I do? If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I've already started to write a lot of it, and I think it will do well. It's a book about finding yourself, reaching your dreams, and staying true to yourself (my life).

Favorite Answer

First, start making a short but complete synopsis. Try not ending it with '?'. That won't help because there are only two answers readers could think. Like yes or no. If you could done the cover, try making it interesting and colourful- with swirls here and there- like dreams. Or, you should get a graphic designer. Searching ideas from http://images.google.com could help you very lot. Search swirls or something like that- which you think interesting and fine; smooth and trendy. Renew it according to the time beings- like the e.t.c: http://images.google.com.my/images?hl=en&q=what+ka...

If you got problems on writing and the title, try using these tips that maybe helpful.

Tip 1 - Book Writing Topic Selection

Pick a topic that people want to read about AND that you are passionate about.

Want to help people get healthier - why not review the latest low-carb diet craze out there and find out if it really works?

Can you develop 10 questions people would want to know about low-carb diets? Interview 10-15 people and you will have an interesting book to sell to the over 500,000 people per month that search for information on that

Tip 2 - Outline and Blueprint Your Book Writing

Start by deciding on 10-12 major areas to cover in your book.

For low-carb diets, some examples would be:

- Background of Low Carb Diets

- Low Carb diet Plans

- Low carb diet foods

- Low carb diet recipes

- Health implications of low carb diets

- Side effects of low-carb diets

- Etc...

These will become your chapters.

Tip 3 - Break Each Chapter Into A Series of Questions

Here's an incredibly powerful tip I pulled from the best course I have ever taken on writing -

http://www.infoproductcreator.com/part/14days

What could be easier than finding 10-15 questions on each of your chapter topics?

Think them up yourself, or even better, search out common questions in discussion forums, support groups, and those already within your target market.

Tip 4 - Commit to writing 30-minutes each day

Your goal is to answer at least 3 questions each day - approximately 10-minutes per question.

You'll be amazed at how easy it is to sit down and just answer 3 questions each day.

No more freaking out about writing a book! No more pulling your hair out at getting started or fighting writer's block.

Writing a book can be fun, quick and easy using this technique.

Tip 5 - Avoid Premature Editing

Many of us are perfectionists. We will stew over 1 line for minutes or even hours.

In reality, when we write quickly and without doubt, the outcome is always better than when you edit as you go.

Tip 6 - Book Writing Is Your Passion!

Remember, this is your dream. You want the benefit of happiness, wealth, publicity, and prestige that book writing will bring you. Others may not share your dream.

Avoid dream crushers - they are all around us - in fact they usually live in your own house and are related!

That's ok, they have their own dreams, that's what it takes to make the world go round.

Your only judge should be your customers, not friends or family.

Follow these book writing principles, turn your dreams into words, and watch your bank account grow.

I am in the middle of writing my own novel, so I know how difficult it is. I've been through the whole "will anyone be able to understand this?" thing and I came up with a simple solution: don't worry about the readers. This is your book. You are the author and you can do whatever you want. Cool, huh? Still, try not to incorporate too many different story lines into one book. Be prepared to give explanation where explanation is due. Once you get on your way, then you can start thinking about the readers. Oh, and be prepared to edit it A LOT! hehe, that's something I have trouble with.

Good luck!!

Source(s): personal experience

okay, since youre a beginner, start with reading the idiot books, or dummies, or "the everything" book of writing a novel.

write an outline and a "plan" for your characters, plot, ending if possible. read books about writing novels, grammar, and such. now if you really want to go in more depth, you can sign up for fiction classes online or in a community college.

• KG

You don't have to plan everything out. You can just start writing the first scene, and let it flow from there. I know from experience that it's easy to get lost in trying to plan out every detail and never actually write anything.