Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

what's the japanese translation of the expression awesome?

Favorite Answer

すごい!

pronounced "sue-goy".

In even more casual speech, or just to really emphasize how awesome it is, you can say:

すげえ!!

pronounced "sue-gehh!!!"

Japanese word for "wow" is:

うわ〜!!

pronounced "oo-wahh!"

Some Japanese people actually say "wow" in English:

ワウ!

pronounced "wow".

Japanese is fun ^.^ cheers!

Hmmm...this is interesting. I know awesome is SUE-GOY, but I have heard an alternate on that. In Evangelion, when Aida Kensuke is overwhelmed by being on a real aircraft carrier, he runs around screaming GOY-SUE, reversing the usual order. Is that a mistake, or can it go both ways?

'sugoi', it means like 'wowwww' and 'cool'

it is literally awesome, as in you are in awe of it.

and it doesnt have to necessarily mean that you are talking about something good, it can also be used to show awe of something awful. if that makes any sense haha

and the more slang and masculine way of saying it is 'sugeh' or 'sugeh nah' when you want someone to agree with you.

Source(s): 3/4 Japanese

I think you can probably say "sugoi," which is basically used in the same sense as "awesome."

• ZC

Hello!

The expression is:

sugoi

すごい

Or (for women mainly)

waa!!! (like WOW)

ワー

AND RIGHT NOW I'M SHOUTING SUGOI BECAUSE THIS ANSWER MEANS I'M NOW LEVEL 5!!! THANK YOU!

Beau

Source(s): Study Japanese AND NOW I'M LEVEL 5!!! WOOOOO!

I doubt this is feasible

すごい

(su goi)

Thx for the answers, much appreciated.