Why do black people get to have the BET awards, yet if whites had the WET awards we'd be in HUGE trouble?

I do not mean to be rascist in any way... I don't have a problem with black people. But I don't understand why they get to have these exclusive events, when whites would never be allowed to hold an event like that! In my opinion things like the BET awards are just putting up more barriers between races.

Update:

It's not like black people are banned from the CMT awards... it's just that most black people choose not to have a career in country music. Not a very good argument.

Update 2:

The barriers of race were broken a long time ago. Sure, black people can recognize that fact. But what does having exclusive music awards shows, televisions stations, and parties have anything to do with that? They're just contributing to segregation. They're not being treated like slaves anymore, but they can exclude other races just to 'let us have a taste of their misery' or something?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I really don't see what would be wrong with having awards shows and channels for every different ethic group. If there's BET, why not have WET, AET, HET, NAET etc...?

However, BET is a cultural wasteland with substandard programming, so maybe it shouldn't be imitated.

• Me
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Seeing how Darius Rucker from Hootie and the blowfish is now a country star that gets played all the time on CMT,as well as Rissi Palmer, that comment makes no sense..AND..I'm still waiting for the W.B.C.F to start up.That's White Boy College Fund. And maybe we will have a MS.WHITE AMERICA some day,and a MS TEEN WHITE AMERICA some day..And ohhhh for the day when we get a WHITE HISTORY MONTH!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 years ago

i think of if Whites experience underrepresented in this u . s ., you're able to initiate a moist, CAACP, and White historic previous month. in case you activate the television and experience you will not be able to narrate to the persons on it, initiate your individual community, by making use of all skill. in case you go through injustices because of the fact your dermis is white, initiate a CAACP. in the adventure that your historic previous is disregarded at college cirriculum and infants strengthen up not understanding why united statesa. is in a state it particularly is in at present petition to be blanketed in any way you may, regardless of if which skill in basic terms a month of enlightenment, by making use of all skill, gain this. in case you watch a considerable awards instruct or maybe with all the superb video clips which you have seen the previous 3 hundred and sixty 5 days, you do not see any nominated for an award. initiate your individual awards. Dr. King fought for equality. you're desirable approximately that. He did not, besides the incontrovertible fact that combat for invisibility. do not confuse Dr. Kings artwork of battling so as that Black infants might have the comparable opportunities afforded to all infants with Dr. King needing Blacks to lose their id. We did not desire to be White, in simple terms had to deliver our infants to high quality faculties, holiday on the bus and take a seat the place we chosen to for the comparable fare that whites paid and get carry of the comparable pay for the comparable artwork, between different issues. in simple terms given which you in my opinion might have not at all perpetuated racism, do not act love that's some precis thought that doesn't exist. Your arguments are like asserting that Blacks don't have their own companies because of the fact now we can patronize yours. Ooh, fortunate us. And Amelia as long as your loved ones earns around $25,000/year and you attend an HBCU i think of you may stick to for the UNCF offered you have needs not met by making use of Federal monetary help. provide it a shot.

• Choc1
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

And Whites are not banned from the BET Awards either. Eminem has performed at several of them. And Teena Marie has performed, too. So this is not a good argument either.

And by the way, Hispancics had an award show by the name of ALMA that aired last week, if you didn't make a post about that, you should not of made one about this.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Esther
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You know I don't see it that way. I don't recall whites being told they had to sit at the back of the bus or use different bathrooms, like blacks were told in this country for a very long time.

I see it as pride in how far black people have come. Fine with me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can have it, just nobody bothered to set one up, go for it. hat about all the country music stations on tv? Grand Old Opera for one, no blacks participating in that. You people will gripe about anything that black people have to represent themselves, yet you have it all, until recently everything on tv was for and benefited whites only.

• 1 decade ago

Its so they can feel good about themselves and rise up and go to Harvard or anywhere they have a quota rule.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i concur that its barriers, but then, white ppl have the oscars...lol

you knwo what i mean? bet is ok cuz black ppl are a minority. but if whites had somethin like that, since they are a majority all it would do is exclude ppl whereas with a minority its more like their bandin toether

• 1 decade ago

why were w's allowed to hold humans captive as workers.

but when b's do one thing wrong, their all bad?

Source(s): NO ONE SAID THAT YOU COULDNT WATCH IT...lol. the title shouldnt stop you from watching it.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No you wouldn't you bubble gum clacking cvnt!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.