Why wont anyone hire me?

I graduated high school. im 34 years old. ive only had 3 jobs.. 2 were fast food and the other was a cashier at walmart. i took typing and all the computer classes in high school, i have my own computer, my own office in my home, filing, everything. for bills and such. i have been trying to get a job as a... show more I graduated high school. im 34 years old. ive only had 3 jobs.. 2 were fast food and the other was a cashier at walmart. i took typing and all the computer classes in high school, i have my own computer, my own office in my home, filing, everything. for bills and such. i have been trying to get a job as a secretary/receptionist for 2 months now. ive applied everywhere thats hiring. but no one will give me a chance since there is such a gap in my work history. i havent worked in 14 years. im ready to go back to work. i have the skills, i just havent gotten paid for them. anyone have any advice?
Update: I meant i graduated high school when i was 17. not now.
Update 2: My 14 year gap was because i stayed at home with my children. they have all started school so theres no reason to be home anymore.