Lele H asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

hamsters or mice????????

do you like hamsters or mice?

• Amber
    Favorite Answer

MICE! Definitely mice. Our fancy mouse is incredibly sweet, easy for even my 3 year old to handle and never bites. Hamsters bite! They are the rodent most likely to cannibalize, too. Ewww.

Look into mice (or rats). My kids and huband love the one we have. We'd definitely get this type of pet again. Took it to a petting zoo - handled by tons of kids and parents - HUGE hit.

Buy from a breeder of fancy/show mice in your area if you can. The link below is chock full of very useful information.

Source(s): 4H mom - have had both hamsters and mice http://www.afrma.com

Mice :o)

BUT mice are just as likely to cannibalize as hamsters, and in my experience, more so. If there are too many in the cage, or you don't feed them enough... They don't have to be starved to do it!! If you get mice, make sure you never ever ever put males in the same tank... They WILL kill each other. Female mice can live happily in the same tank. No more than 2 per 10 gallons.

Source(s): I'm a professional fancy mouse breeder and animal shelter employee... Currently have 13 nice mice :oD

MICE MICE ALL THE WAY I HAVE SOME AND THEY LOVE ME T BITS THEY GIVE ME LITTLE KISSES WITH THEIR LITTLE PINK NOSES. THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE

Mice are very sweet and cuddly. Mice for sure. I love those furry fat animals!

Hamsters and mice are both pretty cute but im into chinchillas!!!!!

Hamsters. Their much cuter then mice, easier to handle, and Amber is wrong, they don't bite unless their startled!

Let me know what you get.

Source(s): myself

Hamsters, but you can only have ONE per cage. Females will kill other hamsters male or female. Two males can live together ONLY if they are from the same litter.

Mice! I'm getting one soon and she's nicer than my brothers gerbil! She never bit and lets me hold her. I'm getting her at the shelter soon maybe sometime this week!

• ~~

im into bunnies!

if i could choose between the 2

I'd pick................

GUINEA PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!