Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaOther - Latin America · 1 decade ago

is colombia dangerous ?

i am for colombia and i am not assumed that i for there so be honest do you think it is dangerous like in Bogota the South is dangerous so what do you think

Favorite Answer

Colombia has a reputation of being dangerous and its well deserved in some places. But not all of Colombia is dangerous. I am an American living in the Centro of Bogota now for 1 year. The centro is considered dangerous by some but I haven't had any problems. The important thing is to be aware of your surroundings at all times and make good decisions.

The north is relatively quiet and safe. The south part of Bogota, has a bad reputation and in many parts it is well deserved but not all neighborhoods in the south are bad. It really depends on the area.

If you're asking about the south of Colombia.... parts are more dangerous than others... I've been to Cali and Neiva which are kind of southern and while Cali seems a bit dangerous, Neiva seemed relatively safe, the surrounding areas in the countryside however historically may not be.

Every city in Colombia will have its good and bad sides just like in any other country. I've been to most of the big cities in Colombia without a problem and I look very American. My suggestion is plan your trip well and ask questions like you're doing now and when you get here, talk to the people at the hotel if you're unsure about where you're going or where you should not go.

I am an American and i lived in Colombia for 2 1/2 years. I felt very comfortable there. The locals were very nice to me. After a while I felt completely at home. The police have check points and check people frequently. It's a little inconvenientbut understandable. I think it's like living anywhere. You just have to use common sense and not go to the dangerous areas. It's a beautiful country, and i think that people should visit Colombia.

Dangerous for Colombians with money, always a mark for scams and crime. Even more dangerous for gringos as most think all gringos rich. You must move smart and stay in your bubble or you will have many problems in time. Just the way life is in Colombia for alot of good Colombians and gringos in Colombia. The poor in Colombia have a Robin Hood mentality. Works like this you have more the me so it is my right to rob you. Crazy but true with a lot of poor people in Colombia. Best advise is trust no one and be very selective on your choice of friends.

that is ridiculous. colombia is a place full of beauty and diversity. of course they are dangerous parts like every country has. its time people startlooking at the positives of colombia and not always the negatives and very well said emerald embassy.

• Loreley6 years agoReport

your right besides there are some really beautiful resorts there and some fun places for family s and friends .

Colombia is a wonderful country, and some places are unsafty because has been receiving people form diferent cities

Its not that bad really I don't live there but i have been there lots of times to see my family you just have to pay attention of where you are that's it. If your one of people that thinks negative about it stop. It’s safe there as long as you know where you’re going.

Any place is dangerous ..

its dangerous for you, CUZ YOU LIKE EGGGGGS

• Edna6 years agoReport

That is why Colombia is dangerous because of people with comments like you.