Lorenzo asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Do you think it was OK for Obama to insinuate that McCain is like Rush Limbaugh to Spanish speakers in the US?

So if McCain puts out an ad in Florida, using excerpts from Farrakhan giving a speech, how would that be?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09...

I don't think it would be a good thing to run a Farrakhan ad. I certainly don't think Obama's ad was a good thing to do. Apparently Limbaugh and McCain don't even get along, so it was stirring up discord for nothing!

dlm: why are you telling us this? tell Obama. He's the one who made this commercial, probably because he knew his time was up and people were starting to ask questions about Obama and Wall Street, so he has to pull yet another Alinsky stunt.

me, too: John McCain does not have three "spiritual mentors" who in turn refer to Limbaugh as their own "spiritual mentor."

McCain's wife does not attend luncheons with Limbaugh's wife, nor do they all sit on panels together.

Favorite Answer

No, Obama's people have lied and taken Rush's words out of context.

Obviously, nobody on Obama's staff listens to Mr. Limbaugh. He's never said anything such as (falsely) alleged.

Mr. Limbaugh is not a liar, nor does he take any one out of context, nor is Mr. Limbaugh a racist or a terrorist. Nor does he support them, or hang out with them.

I don't think Obama's time is up at all! Whatever makes you think that? I think that Obama will win this election. A lot of people think Obama will win the election.

John McCain has certainly echoed some of Rush Limbaugh's views. Rush Limbaugh is adored by Republicans, many of whom never miss a broadcast. You are insinuating that Rush Limbaugh is as horrid a fellow as Farrakhan. I think he is, but most Republicans defend him and think he is speaking the truth.

I have known a lot of Democrats and not one of them thinks that Farrakhan is speaking the truth. He is not a guru, even among Blacks.

So, if Rush Limbaugh is such a hero, why should it matter if Obama compares McCain to him, since they share so many values? Why should this cause John McCain to release an Ad comparing Obama to Farrakhan, when Obama shares none of his values?

If there is some reasoning here, I am missing it.

Uh, how many Spanish speakers listen to Rush?

My Spanish is very limited so I couldn't understand it. Apparently whatever Limbaugh said was taken out of context, by all reports. If I have to listen to Farrakhan I'm going to want a free bean pie. I used to buy them on the corner for $5, they're hard to find and delicious.

Do I think it was ok? It's political commercials, all's fair in war. Let the market decide.

Limbaugh and McCain HATE each other from what I've seen lo these many years lol. The comparison is a bunch of crap. Obama thinking this little ploy will work is laughable. I'm embarrassed for him. It's an outright LIE given that he cosponsored an immigration bill with the one and only Ted Kennedy!

No, for a self-proclaimed moral high rider Obama has done a 180. Seems winning at all costs is the agenda so he can brain wash and manipulate millions of American's to help him carry on someone else's dream. It is so hard to discern any truth out of his mouth, from his actions and the dems/libs. What a circus!

Limbaugh said on Wednesday that the left “constantly takes me totally out of context” and added:

“The Obama campaign has taken ‘shut your mouth or get out’ from this commentary and put it in an Obama ad and claiming I said that about Mexicans in this country, when I never have, plain and simple.”

• canam

Obama wants to win the latino vote and Florida. He is going to spend $39 billion on ads in florida. He will lie or do anything he can to get the votes. He forgets the voters have a brain and do not fall for his lies and propaganda.

Obama's add was disgraceful.. and it was aired *only* in Spanish.. it took things totally out of context and in addition linked McCain and Linbaugh in a totally bogus manner... And *this* was the man that said that he would *NEVER* use attack adds, our use lies and deception in his campaign... This from a man that *claims* to be a "uniter"? While trying to incite racial strife and division? Calling him a hypocrite would be kind.. he is far worse...

How would Obama know what Spanish Speakers are thinking? He can't even speak Spanish!!

• DelK

It's amazing that folks fixate on piddly "insinuate" charges when the economy is terrible, the national debt is exploding by an additional $800 billion in the last month or two, we are pouring money down the rathole in Iraq, we are losing the war in Afghanistan, the rich boys at the Treasury and the Fed are distributing hundreds of thousands to their equally rich buddies, the VP nominee can't tell the truth (http://www.andrys.com/palin-kilkenny.html), and McSame thinks the economy is sound.