The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins?

Hi! Ca someone give me a brief summary of the Hunger Games bye Suzanne Collins...and I dont mean the summaries on the back or the front cover of the book, i mean a summary of the ENTIRE book...thanx!

Favorite Answer

Alright.

So the book starts off with the sixteen year old Katniss, her mother, and her little sister, Prim, a poor family in District 12. It's the day of the reaping, which means that every district in the futuristic world of North America, called Panem, will have to send two 12-18 year olds, a boy and a girl, from their district to the Capitol to compete in the Hunger Games, a competition purely for the entertainment of the Capitol and also to identify that the whole world must bow down to the main city, and that they can't do anything about it.

At the drawing of the names, Prim, Katniss' sister is chosen, and Katniss valiantly volunteers to participate in her stead. So, one girl down, one more person to go.

The other person drawn turns out to be Peeta, a boy Katniss knows barely anything about, but has only one connection to her: he gave her and her family some bread on a day that she was going to go home, empty-handed, to a starving family.

Then, they go off to the Capitol, where they meet stylists and the judges, and their fellow competitors, preparing for the games.

And that is where the competition begins. I can't give you the full summary, sorry. Read the book! I hope I gave you some information about the beginning.

~Alexandrite Celestea

Administrator, Hunger Games Trilogy: Unofficial Forums

Source(s): www.hungergamestrilogy.com www.theunderlandchronicles.com