Ipod nano 4th generation?

I had an old ipod shuffle I got back in 2005. I recently lost it and now my husband is getting me a 4th gen. Ipod nano for my birthday. I have the software that came with the 2005 shuffle and I understand that the new ipods don't come with the itune software.

The problem is I don't have internet at home (only at work) Will my old itunes work with my new ipod or can you buy the new itunes? I don't want to buy the ipod and then it turns out it won't work with the software I already have and since I can't download it from the internet at home I would be screwed....thanks in advance!!!!

I realize it's free the problem is i DO NOT have internet at home....just a computer

I can't get anything but dial up because of where I live and I am so not paying for dial up......

Best Answer

Well if you dont have internet, i suggest that you do get it. But besides that, if you know someone that has internet at home then i would ask them; im sure they wouldnt mind. Most likely it will not work, but i am no expert. Can you just download iTunes at work on your work computer? If so, i would do that. OR you may possibly be able to download the new iTunes to a flashdrive and install onto your computer at home so that way you can use your new iPod with the new software. Doing this you may need to open your flashdrive and do it that way rather than installing it onto your computer. Whatever the case i hope i helped! Hope you enjoy your new iPod! :]

Well you'll have to at least get access to a computer to download the installer for it, which is about 55 or so MB. Then bring it to your computer & install it.

I don't think the older iTunes would support 4G nanos.

I though iTunes was free software. I think you can download it off of the website. The only thing that cost money is the music download.

Contact Apple support , they can send you a itunes disc in the mail.

You dont need to worry as new 4 gen Ipod will come with CD and new software and you can simply update you older itune and that all you need!!!

Who cares about Ipods? They are overrated and overpriced. You people just buy from Apple because it looks good, when in fact the performance of everything they make is sub par. GO ahead and thumbs down this answer, cause it just proves you can't handle the truth.

• lalala

( I think )

you should just be able to update to the new itunes.

I didn't know you have to pay for itunes? I've never had to pay for it?

y

j