How do I know if my girlfriend cheated once, she wont do it again?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
My girlfriend cheated on me and I caught her, somehow I cant let go of the fact that she did that to me. She betrayed me but yet I do love her, I know I know, I should just move on ...show more
Best Answer
  • Mich answered 6 years ago
Truth is you can't really know...you would think if she liked you enough she would never have done that to you in the first place. Secondly, people do make mistakes. It's going to be hard for you to have full trust. Even when you think you have full trust again deep down somewhere you still get bad feelings. Sadly the truth is you won't know. Good luck :]
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (15)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Jez W answered 6 years ago
    you don't,its like that you can never know if she will or wont cheat again all you can do is work at it,
    it will take time for you to forgive and forget ,if you can?
    the thing is she has betrayed your trust and now you think its going to happen again every time she out of sight,
    it may it may not but if you truly love her you want to give her that second chance,well its going to be a long slog for you more than her,
    but if you are asking her every time she out what she do and who she meet then you will kill it for you both,
    you both need to talk and find out where you want to go and be in this
    good luck
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Johnnys wiffy as of 10/31/08 answered 6 years ago
    how far in to the relationship did she cheat? once a cheater always a cheater is not always the case but you need to find out if she is sorry for cheating or sorry that you caught her.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Kate17 answered 6 years ago
    You will never know if she'll do it again or not. Usually once cheating occurs there is that little bit of trust that can never been given back. When something happens, like she comes home late, skips out on a date etc. you will be asking yourself "what is she really doing".

Ofcourse everyone is going to say "move on" its the logical thing to do, but I have been in the same situation as you have. We are currently ex's and did break up over the cheating but we did get back together a year later. I never fully trusted him ever again after that but I tried to convince myself that everything was ok.

You need to sit her down and state EXACTLY how you feel. If you leave out details it could mean a world of difference. Tell her how you feel hurt and ask her WHY it happened in the first place and to be open and honest. Tell her that this is a "secure" discussion and nothing said will be used again as amo in the future. You need it for the sake of closure and she needs to understand that she did wrong and its up to HER to gain your trust back.

Good Luck and feel free to msg me if you need more help.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • haley25_1 answered 6 years ago
    U dont know.........Only thing u can do is trust what she says 2 u, and make a conscious decision 2 stay with her. However, if u stay with her, u cant keep bringing up the fact that she cheated, u gotta let it go! If u can't let it go, perhaps its time 2 look 4 greener pastures
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Dee M answered 6 years ago
    I tend to be of the school of belief of once a cheatre always a cheater.

She will probably do it again if you don't fix some fundamentals in your relationship
    • 1
    • Comment
  • jessie answered 4 weeks ago
    Im using my girlfriens phone because mine is off right now but I can personally shed some light for u. about 4 months ago, I met another girl and we ended up hooking up the night my gf left after we had argued. Anyways long story short I slept with the girl (cheated). I know it was wrong and I have my personal REAL reasons for why it happened but I wish I never had. Im deeply in love with my gf and weve had some bad arguments but we always work through them in the end. Weve been together about 3 1/2 yrs now. We are also lesbian but ive had reason to believe shes into men as well which is one underlying issue why I went for the other girl. Also because when we argue she says some pretty hurtful things. I guess the other girl showing interest in me shocked me and I fell for it. I still wish I hadnt because now that im back with my gf the trust is so bad. Weve both done our fair share of losing some trust but we are forgiving and love each other.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • No boundaries answered 6 years ago
    She cheated on you once, you took her back...

That tells her 2 things:

1) To be more careful not to get caught cheating again.
    2) If she somehow is careless again, she knows you'll forgive her because you love her.

Either way, she'll more than likely cheat on you again. Worse is, you'll never know.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kittakatt answered 6 years ago
    When someone wants forgiveness there should be nothing that they won't do (short of degrading themselves), to prove their fidelity to the one they hurt. While tears and I'm sorrys are good look deeper and watch her actions. Also you have to look in yourself to decide if you believe her.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Shawn answered 6 years ago
    You don't, she broke your trust and that's not easy to get over. Can you forgive her, if not this will always be in the back of your head. It all boils down to can she re-earn your trust. Can you forgive, and forget. If the answer to either of those questions is no, you will most likely have problems again sometime in the future.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• The Other Lover answered 6 years ago
    You don't know she won't do it again. So it will save you a lot of heartbreak and pain if you just end it. Only because if she's cheated, and even if she doesn't do it again, you will never have that same trust for you. And that trust is likely to never come back.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Erin E answered 6 years ago
    It is all about trust. If you can trust her then stick with it but if you are having any doubts that she may do it again it is time to end it. If you do stick with her and this is going to always weigh on your mind and it will cause tension because you are always going to accuse her. Love isn't everything there has to be trust. Without trust there is no relationship.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • vstarbiatch answered 6 years ago
    You don't know she won't do it again...just like before hand you couldn't "know" she wasn't going to do it in the first place.

You either trust your partner and hope your trust isn't misplaced, or you move on.

Although people who have cheated before are more likely to do it again than someone cheating for the first time, it doesn't mean they will cheat again.

It's up to you to decide if you can trust her to not do it again.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • katy r answered 6 years ago
    You don't.You never will.A relationship is built on trust and if you donot have it there is no reason to be in a relationship.This will cause too much tension and not worth it in the long run.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sharon B answered 6 years ago
    Chances are she will do it again. Sorry some people love the thrill.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ladylilly111 answered 6 years ago
    you dont know. you just have to trust her. theres nothing else you can do unfortunately.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock