What is the normal endometrium thickness.?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I went to the er yesterday because of pain in my lower sides and excessive bleeding and clots and they said I have endometrial fluid, endometrium is 9mm thick, and a trace ff in cds ...show more
Best Answer
The endometrium is the inner membrane of the mammalian uterus. The endometrium functions as a lining for the uterus, preventing adhesions between the opposed walls of the myometrium, thereby maintaining the patency of the uterine cavity.

The endometrium consists of a single layer of columnar epithelium, resting on a layer of connective tissue which varies in thickness according to hormonal influences - the stroma. Simple tubular uterine glands reach from the endometrial surface through to the base of the stroma, which also carries a rich blood supply of spiral arteries. In a woman of reproductive age, two layers of endometrium can be distinguished.-

Source:

-
  • 1
  • Comment
Sign In 

to add your answer

No other answers

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock