promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
bassdoc asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

McCain is calling for a Committee to examine the Wall Street, Banking and Insurance meltdown.?

Is this the committee for a lot of hand wringing, doing nothing, letting the CEO's off the hook and giving them multiple million dollar bonuses - just like every other time this has happened?

Update:

Oh yes, there will be lots of political posturing and blame slinging - forgot to mention that.

Update 2:

Everybody is making lists of what the other candidate did wrong, and no one is looking at their own - typical.

I can guarantee McCain's committee will do absolutely nothing, and everybody will skate with the taxpayers cash stuffed in their pockets.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a table of McCain's top political contributors.

Wow.

Most of

these are involved in the Subprime Scandal. There is banking, big

media, IS and IT for federal gov., foodservice for gov., energy giants,

big pharma, and large equity investment firms.

This is the kind of the information that could help

expose McCain as the true Washington insider he is, and NOT a defender of the Constitution and the people.

He takes his marching orders from.....:

Top McCain 2007 Contributors

1 Citigroup Inc (Subprime Scandal) (Class 3 asset questions) $145,050

2 Blank Rome LLP – (attorneys) $141,400

3 Greenberg Traurig – (1750 lawyers) $129,987

4 Merrill Lynch (Subprime Scandal) (Class 3 asset questions) $119,675

5 Goldman Sachs (Subprime Scandal) (Class 3 asset questions)

$111,050

6 IDT Corp – (telecommunications) $80,150

7 Pinnacle West Capital $77,850

8 Bank of New York Mellon (Subprime Scandal) $74,000

9 JP Morgan Chase & Co (Subprime Scandal) (Class 3 asset

questions) $72,100

10 Irvine Co Apartment Community $68,400

11 Broadcasting Media Partners $67,800

12 MGM Mirage $66,100

13 Credit Suisse Group $63,350

14 Lehman Brothers (Subprime Scandal) $61,450

15 Bridgewater Assoc $58,300

16 Cisco Systems $56,850

17 Triwest Healthcare Alliance $54,250

18 FedEx Corp $52,100

18 Wachovia Corp (Subprime Scandal) $52,100

20 Morgan Stanley – (Subprime Scandal) (Class 3 asset

questions) $51,950

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Power
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Just another waste of money what have republicans ever done before when a committee looked into anything. He is looking for something to be involved in so he can tell the brain-dead that they have to vote for him cause he is in the middle of something. They feel for that when they voted 2 times for Bush....I am getting to a point where it doesn't matter to me who wins. I will vote for Obama but if McCain gets in office & the top 95% of americans lose their jobs & businesses while the top 5% are buying everything up, then they will understand why dems have tried to help the poor cause they will become the poor. They will stressed out when they see there are no new jobs, then with no health care run up some huge hospital bills, then need to depend on the gov. cause all their bank money & investment money is gone. The the g&e bill will be hard to pay so they will have to sell the house to keep the car. Then they will move in a neighborhood where they get the understanding for poor people they never had before..so I am at a point of not caring to enable them to be ignorant anymore.

• 1 decade ago

Both sides do it. If you are not willing to take a unbiased view of both sides, then you shouldnt vote.

I am not a republican or a democrat, but both McCain and Obama are against and have always been openly against this kind of stuff, and are known on both sides for being vocal about it. Just because Obama preaches against this kind of stuff, doesnt mean McCain is for it. You didnt even take the time to see what he was about before you wrote this.

I actually gave the guy above me a thumbs up for doing good research, but I disagree, because that is TYPICAL of both sides, I came across infor which listed several senior democrats like Chris Dodd who excepted similar amounts. All of them eat from the same bucket, they have to, or they couldnt compete.

• 1 decade ago

Barrack Hussein Obama

is a Clear and Present Danger to the American Economy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only appropriate response for a government to take is to set up a committee think tank to analyze the problem, and propose solutions. Running the nation isn't one man job, with a guy with a bunch of ideas doing his thing. It's a collaborative effort. You wouldn't know that to hear Obama talk.

• bill t
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

LOL what did 0bama offer to do? SAME THING BUT CALL IT SOMETHING DIFFERENT....look up Jim Johnson and Franklin Raines they work/worked for and helped 0bama' heck one is his head economic advisers LOL Franklin Raines' would know Fannie Mae very very very well

• 1 decade ago

The old Rep standard...a committee formed by the bad guys themselves. Obviously, McCain has no real-time solutions to this crisis.

• 1 decade ago

Why won't Obama call for a 9/11 type of investigation of the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac scandal? Could this be the reason?

OBAMA EXPOSED: FINANCIAL/HOUSING SCANDAL

An independent counsel must be appointed to investigate Barack Obama and his closest advisors for their involvement in the Financial/Housing Crisis. The witness list must include:

BARACK OBAMA: $525,000 of contributions from bankrupt Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and Lehman Brothers. Barack Obama has received more money from this bankrupt and corrupt organization than any other member of Congress. In his very short time as a lawyer, Obama represented clients seeking to force Lenders to provide high-risk, subprime mortgage loans which are now at the center of our nation's major crisis.

FRANKLIN RAINES (Obama Top Advisor): former CEO of bankrupt Fannie Mae who was fired for “accounting irregularities” and was given a $90 million Golden Parachute.

JIM JOHNSON (Obama Top Advisor who chose Joe Biden as V.P.): former CEO of bankrupt Fannie Mae and CEO of bankrupt Lehman Brothers.

PENNY PRITZKER (Obama National Finance Chair): former Chair of bankrupt subprime lender, Superior Bank of Chicago. Paid $450 Million in fines to avoid potential criminal prosecution

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This from the group who wants to form an investigative committee every time President Bush takes a dump? At least this one has merit.

• 1 decade ago

Nah

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.