Why is my computer freezing?

Why is my computer freezing? It freezes if it has been on for a few minutes, down loading or opening internet explorer or any other browser. I have done diagnostics, checked ram. hard drive, bios and everything else but everything is working. I have reinstalled windows xp home edition several thousand times and get the same problem over and over again!! What can i do>! HELP!!

Favorite Answer

easy its either

2 problems a software malware

or a hard drive malfunction

1.) if its malware (virus etc.) go to this site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/ and follow there instructions

they'll set you right up

( its a HJ log) that they use

2.) if its a Hardware problem then sorry you HAVE to get it checked out ( i recommend your local Geek squad :) there helpful and you can ask a lot of questions for free :] )

Source(s): i am a computer Genius

. . . if you get a lot of pop ups it could be ad-ware, or you could have spy-ware. If you've installed a lot of programs from the internet you could have inadvertently installed malicious software onto your system. Check your computer logs to see what kind of traffic is going out of your computer. You'll need to shut those down before you can remove the malicious software. Or, you might try identifying the malicious software then disconnecting your PC from the internet altogether you have problems shutting down the offending programs. Anti-virus won't pick up programs you've installed sometimes. A lot of people don't know that.

Source(s): I've had to deal with that before

Hia, before everything do no longer hardship and cool down !! suitable, now and returned the outcomes of crashing are led to with the aid of one million) Too many courses working at as quickly as or you clicking some thing consistently with speed. 2) you have an infectious software on your workstation e.g Limewire is easily-common for viruses or perhaps nonetheless i exploit it myself I surely have been advised that MSN messenger eats up your workstation 3) you have an epidemic on your workstation so in case you have carried out or have any of subject factors then I advise you uninstall this device or take it to a restoration keep.

ever think about your graphics card? i know with the resolution on my pc, if i don't have a solid graphics card it wont run and freezes. so I'd suggest ether turning down the resolution or buying a good graphics card.

it freezes because it is windows xp

the temporary internet file freezes your cpu

you gotta get windows vista

what do you mean freezes? does it load slowly? what is the specs of your pc? is it old or brand new? maybe it is a hardware problem in your pc

yea um do a VIRUS SCAN because you

r computer probably has a virus

Are you sure you don't have enough RAM? Cause i thought I did, but it wasn't enough.

everytime it sees u it freezees..haha...i hate when tht happens

?? plz answer mine ppl...the best one get 10 easy points http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjVK7...