Is Obama really a different type of politician, free of corruption, lies, and partisan attacks?

Obama says he's different. He says he's a new type of politician that doesn't engage in corruption, doesn't lie about his political opponents, doesn't engage in partisan attacks, and works with both parties to get stuff done. Do you think his actions back up his words? Has he engaged in corruption at all during his career? Has he engaged in partisan attacks or lies during his campaign? Has he worked with republicans to help americans during his time in the Senate?

Bill C, you're clearly drunk again.

Best Answer

i think he waited a while to begin attacking his opponent,unlike mccain who has been doing it since april

Obviously based on McCain and Bush those are not required traits

In answer to your question Obama is the first candidate to come along in a very long time who makes the people feel like they have a voice and that they matter he will make a difference.

Obama, a different kind of politician. Now, that's a laugh. He demonstrated his difference, I suppose, when he ran for the IL State Senate and had his Democratic opponents knocked off the ballot on technicalities. A different kind of politician, my a$$.

He has zero record of bipartisanship, and has authored no significant piece of legislation since he's been in the US Senate. Of course, he managed to write two books about himself. It's obvious where his loyalties are.

We'll probably never see a new type of politician. Why would we? If politicians can get votes by being corrupt, lying, and commiting partisan attacks, why would they quit?

N O ! ! !

I .. HAVE .. and .. WILL .. Vote for the BEST person for the job !!

JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama is NOT the Best person to be THE President of THE United States of America !!!

.

The MAIN, bad idea of Obama, that I believe ALL True Americans should research and READ is .. Obama's Global Poverty Act (S.2433) which will surrender America's sovereignty to the United Nations !!

Why would WE want ANYONE that does not have ANY mangerial experience to TRY to be THE President of THE United States of America ???

Can YOU get over the FACT that JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama IS going to turn over the sovereignty of the United States to the United Nations ???

ALL ... TRUE Americans need to READ the Global Poverty Act (S.2433) !!!

.

Governors MANAGE ENTIRE STATES !!!

JUNIOR U.S. Senators TRY to Legislate !!!

JUNIOR U. S. Senator Obama did NOT complete his FIRST term in office !!

... with just 143 days of ACTUAL experience

... HE decided

... that he DESERVED to be THE President of THE United States of America !!!

.

JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama, the Unions, and the Democrats are sending messages to big business to downsize in America and send more jobs to foreign countries.

Brilliant ideas from JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama, the Democrats and the Unions (SARCASM) !!!!

.

MOST JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama Supporters do NOT care about his ideals and policies ... they JUST WANT AN AFRICAN AMERICAN as President !!!

I have NO problem voting for an African American or a woman or any other minorty as long as they are the BEST PERSON for the position !!!

JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama is NOT the BEST person to be OUR President of THE United States of America !!

.

JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama is ANTI-American.

WE NEED to start doing the "REPORT ABUSE" Button on the ABUSIVE Obama Supporters for EVERY LITTLE ... POSSIBLE ... Violation, like they do to the rest of the people on here !!!!

.

Clinton said he'd have the most respectful, honest, incorruptible administration ever. The honest people out here know he was one of the most corrupt and dishonest.

Now Obama says essentially the same thing...

I know that Barack Obama isn't guilty of telling whoppers like "My opponant wants to teach Kindergartens how to have sex" and every time I hear "I'm John McCain and I approve of this ad" I consider that this is very different John McCain than the Senator I respected and defended from similar dishonest attack in 2000.

He doesn't engage in corruption. His ads, while attacking, have all been essentially truthful. Honestly, he has generally used McCain's own words when attacking him in ads and in person....but he sometimes does use McCain's words in a way that McCain may have not meant to imply. McCain has done far more attacking with his ads and speeches....so Obama needed to fight back from the McCain lies.He has worked on several measures with Republicans.

HELL YES. HE LOOKS INSPIRING. I SAY ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE THAT DON'T VOTE FOR HIM ARE RACIST TO BLACK PEOPLE. MCCAIN IS JUST LIKE BUSH.BUSH IS LIKE MCCAIN BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER. F**K MCCAIN. MCCAIN IS GONNA CONTINUE THE DAMN WAR IN IRAQ AND OBAMA SAYS HE IS GONNA STOP IT. SO OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT 08 AND MCCAIN ZERO. I ALSO THINK THAT IF OBAMA WINS HE MIGHT FIXX THE ECONOMY THAT IS VERY BAD RIGHT NOW. I ALSO SAY GAS PRICES MIGHT GO DOWN. AND WITH MCCAIN IT MIGHT GO UP. SPECIALLY ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER. F**K HIM TOO. ALL HE CARES IS ABOUT MONEY AND TAKING MONEY FROM SCHOOLS. IM DEMOCRATIC NOT REPLUBLICAN. REPLUBICANS ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY AND POWER. WELL THIS IS ALL I GOT TO SAY. HOPE YOU VOTE FOR OBAMA.

Of course he is. Why would a politician lie to us?

I really think he is different. Keep in mind he began as a community organizer helping people in need. His background shows many examples of this. I think that will be the cornerstone of his presidancy.