How do I restore a Dell Inspiron 1501 (vista 32 bit) to factory settings?

There is no restore point that I can find that has original settings. How do I get it back to the way it was when i first bought it?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This link will display PC Restore instructions for both XP and Vista: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx...

Since the system shipped with Windows Vista:

"Restart the computer. To do this, click Start, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then click Restart.

As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

Note: You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press F8 after the Windows logo appears, the Advanced Boot Options menu does not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

Press the (Down Arrow) to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.

Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.

Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer."

Please note that these types of restores will remove everything that has been installed/added (programs, data/files etc.) on the computer.

I hope this helps.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

Facing Same Got Solution http://dell.customer-supports.com/

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Have you tried the recovery partition in windows? It will probably be your D/: drive in Computer

• 1 decade ago

chuck it out the windown can but a new compiter

dells suck

Source(s): to much experence
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.