Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

poverty in the middle east?

I want to know about the poverty in middle east, since it is started and until now, what are the countries that is helping the middle east and some quotes from the country leaders that is helping the issue,

what is the position of the leaders in the helping country? .

what is the country that is helping believes should be done to address the issue ?

I want to know also about the helping country to the middle east poverty

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not many countries in the Middle East are poor to begin with they have some of the wealthiest nations in the world due to their oil deposits.

However, nations with extreme poverty include, Afghanistan, Iran (even they are rich in petroleum the common people are totally left their by the government), and Iraq.

Afganistan - Has been ranked by the UN as one of the poorest nations in the world. They have terrible soil to grow anything except for hasheesh and the are the largest opium produces in the world. In fact, thats how most people make a living, which is illegal there. This extreme poverty in Afghanistan has existed since its foundation but it became worse once the Russians colonized them and fought a series of wars in the 70's to liberate themselves. The country was in total destruction Kabul was in shambles and it became worse when the Taliban became the ruling government and even know post-Taliban it is in misery. The US initially went into Afghanistan to help out but we strayed away from Afghanistan and are in Iraq now. They mostly receive help from China and Colombia two nations big in opium business.

Iran - The people have been neglected since the time of Ayatollah Khlemeni to the Sha to even now Ahmadinejad. They are rich in oil but the government uses it to build up their nuclear arsenal. This nation is helped out by China and Russia, both nations said it was all right for them to build nuclear programs and China supplied them with center fuges which are needed along with uranium and plutonium to make bombs.

Iraq - Has been in trouble since the times of Saddam Hussein and the 1st Gulf War. Now in the 2nd Gulf War aka Iraq War it has gotten even worse. The US is there I wouldnt call it helping no one really is helping them.

Anyways, the rest of the Middle East is actually rich

UAE - Abu Dhabi is one of the most advanced cities in the world

Qatar - Tiny but super wealthy

Kuwait - Tiny but super wealthy

Saudi Arabia - An economic power

Jordan - Highly western nation

Lebanon - Very western, in fact the president of Lebanon has to be Christian

Oman - Wealthy

Brunei - The Sultan of Brunei is one of the wealthiest men on the planet he owns hotels around the world including NY rich nation

Israel - Chief ally of US in the ME region; economically well off

Syria - Small but with $ and military power

Yemen - Fairly wealthy nation.

-You get the point....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.