Dont you hate it when parents name their child stupid names.?

What happened to the names like Tom Matt and Leanne. When they were called that, not a peep out of them. Now they are called Always and obegine they wanna stab you in the face. I was served by a girl in boots called "mmm Danone."

I mean they dont even care about the child. I heard a mother named their child Prada and their other child after the singer Rihanna. I mean WTF. I know they want their child to be "special" but omg when you name a child you have to consider the child. If you name it something stupid like that then they are just going to get bullied and hate their name because you wanted them to have that name to stand out for all the wrong reasons...

Does anyone think that nowadays people not just celebrities are naming their kids rediculous names just to be unique?

Nicole Kidman named her baby "Sunday Roast" Then Gwyneth paltrow names her daughter "Apple." (Better than Sunday Roast but still)

You know I just feel sorry for the kids that have these names. They will end up getting picked on and bullied and live a miserable childhood because of these "unique" names.

What do you think?

53 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Yes I went to school with a Candy Kane...Here are a few more

Al Bino

Al Dente

Al Fresco

Al K. Seltzer

Alf A. Romeo

Ali Katt

Amanda Lay (real person)

Amanda Lynn (a mandolin)

Amber Green

Andy Friese (as in antifreeze, a real race car driver)

Anita Bath, Anita Bohn, Anita Dick, Anita Friske, Anita Goodman, Anita Knapp

Anita Lay, Anita Little, Anita Mann, Anita Mandalay, Anita Plummer, Anita Shower

Anna Graham

Anna Prentice (an apprentice)

Anna Recksiek (anorexic)

Anna Sasin

Anne Teak

Annette Curtain

Annie Howe, Annie Matter

April May (a real person I knew in high school)

April Schauer (allegedly a real person)

Aretha Holly

Armand Hammer

Art Major, Art Painter, Art Sellers

B.A. Ware

Barb Dwyer

Barb E. Dahl

Barbara Seville

Barry Cade

Bea Minor and Dee Major

Beau Archer, Beau Tye

Ben Dover, Ben Down, Eileen Dover, Skip Dover

Ben Marcata (a musical term)

Bess Eaton (donut shop chain)

Biff Wellington

Bill Board

Bill Ding

Bill Foldes

Bill Loney

Billy Rubin

Bob Apple

Bob Katz, Tom Katz, Kitty Katz

Bonnie Ann Clyde

Brad Hammer (carpenter joke)

Brandon Cattell

Brighton Early

Brock Lee

Brooke Trout

Bud Light

Bud Wieser (real college math teacher)

Buster Cherry, Buster Hyman

C. Good (alledgedly a real eye doctor)

C. Senor

Cam Payne

Candace Spencer (can dispenser)

Candy Barr, Candy Baskett, Candy Kane, Candy Sweet

Cara Sterio (alleged real person)

Carrie Dababi ("carry the baby" - Dababi is an Egyptian name)

Carrie Oakey

Casey Macy

Cheri Pitts, Harry Pitts

Chris Coe

Chris Cross

Chris P. Bacon

Chuck U. Farley

Chuck Waggon

Claire Annette

Constance Noring

Count Dunn, Count Orff

Coyne Flatt (real person)

Craven Moorehead

Crystal Ball

Crystal Claire Waters

Crystal Glass, Crystal Snow

D. Kay, DDS

D. Liver

Dan D. Lyons

Dan Druff

Dan Saul Knight

Darren Deeds

Daryl Rhea

Dick Bender (real sports person)

Dick Burns

Dick Bush (real person)

Dick Finder (real name of a urologist)

Dick Head, Dick Hertz

Dick Hyman (famous jazz musician)

Dick Hunter (my junior high principal - really!)

Dick Mussell

Dick Pole (real major league baseball player)

Dick Rasch (real person)

Dick Swett

Dick Tator

Dick Trickle (real person, a NASCAR driver)

Dilbert Pickles

Dinah Soares

Dixon, Cox, and Peters (law firm)

Don Key

Donald Duck

Donny Brook

Doris Schutt (Doris Open...)

Doug Graves

Doug Hole

Doug & Phil Updegrave (yes, this is a legitimate last name)

Doug Witherspoon

Douglas Furr

Dr. Harry C. Beaver (real OB/GYN, retired now)

Dr. Bender (Chiropracter)

Dr. Butcher

Dr. DeKay, DDS

Dr. & Dr. Doctor (real married doctors from Norwalk, CT)

Dr. E. Ville

Dr. Gass (allegedly a real anesthesiologist)

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Hanus

Dr. Hurt (real pediatrician in Saginaw, MI)

Dr. Hymen

Dr. I. Ball (optometrist)

Dr. Kauff

Dr. Look (real opthalmologist in Hawaii)

Dr. Looney - a psychiatrist of course!

Dr. Payne (plastic surgeon in Sandusky, OH)

Dr. Pullham

Dr. Slaughter

Dr. Surgeon (another real doctor from Stamford, CT)

Drew Peacock

Duane Pipe

Dusty Rhodes

Dusty Sandmann (real person, submitted by his dad Roger Sandmann)

Edna May (or may not)

Earl E. Bird

Earl Lee Riser

Easton West (and of course Weston East)

Eaton Wright and Liv Good

Ella Vader

Eric Shinn

Ernie Coli (E. Coli) owns a Mexican restaurant - would you eat HERE?

Estelle Hertz (it still hurts)

Evan Keel

Faith Christian

Fanny O'Rear

Father A. Long

Ferris Wheeler

Ford Parker

Forrest Green

Dr. Frank Bonebreak (real doctor)

Gae Hooker (allegedly real surgical prep nurse)

Gaye Barr

Gaye Jolly

Gail Storm (Wendy Storm, Dusty Storm and Rory Storm)

Gene Poole

Geoff L. Tavish (Gefilte fish)

Gil Fish

Ginger Rayl, Ginger Vitus

Gladys C. Hughes (glad to see you)

H. Wayne Carver, MD (Connecticut medical examiner who carves up dead people.)

Hamilton Burger (Ham Burger, character on the old Perry Mason TV series)

Harden Thicke

Harold Assman (and you thought that Seinfeld episode was just a joke)

Harry Armand Bach, Harry Balls, Harry Beard, Harry Beaver

Harry Caray (famous sports announcer)

Harry Cox, Harry Johnson, Harry Legg, Harry Hooker, Harry P. Ness, Harry Peters, Harry Lipp

Harry Rump (a real plumber from Freemont, Maine!)

Harry R. M. Pitts

Hazle Nutt

Heidi Clare

Helen Back

Helen Waite (credit manager - if you want credit go to Helen Waite)

Herb Rice

Holly McRell

Holly Day, Holly Wood

Hugh Jass

Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Morris (a "humorous" name, thanks to Shaun Oriold)

Hy Ball

Hy Lowe, Bea Lowe

Hy Marx (scholar)

I.D. Clair

I. Lasch

I.M. Boring

I.P. Freely, I.P. Daly

Ileane Wright, Ilene South (West, East...)

Ima Hogg (a real person, daughter of a Texas governor)

Iona Ford

Iona Frisbee (alledgedly a real person)

Iona Stonehouse (also alledgedly a real person)

Ivan Oder

Ivana Mandic (a real basketball player)

Jack Goff (my uncle - no kidding!)

Jack Haas

Jack Hammer

Jack Knoff

Jack Tupp (the perfect name for a car mechanic)

Jay Walker

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I think you have way too much time on your hands to make this a big concern to yourself. Kidman named her child Sunday Rose(no different than Tuesday which has been popular since the 60s and with narry a beef reference). Gwyneth Paltrows child was born a couple of years before Kidman's. Get your fact straight if you are going to rant about it.

Rianna (however you want to spell it) is a traditional Celtic name that has been increasing in popularity for several decades. Many of the names are normal names, just foreign.

I personally can't stand names such as Neveah or giving a girl a traditional boy's name, but I can assure you that if the child hates their name, they refuse to go by it by the time they are 8 or 9. And, I personally know of some who legally change it the day they turn 18. Some are perfectly happy with their name. Being named Stormy apparently had no issues for the Stormy of Overstock.com to rise to her executive position. I think it's a stupid name to give a kid, but there ya go.

You need to find a hobby.

• i think as long as its not your name u should keep ur nose out

Tom Matt and Leanne are all good names but every other girl or boy is called one of those names!

I personally hate common names and want my son or daughter to have a name that no-one else has... saying that i would never name my daughter something awful like Danone or Prada..I like pretty names, that you look at written down and it just looks nice

my favourite girl names are Talia, Tamsyn and Amalie, Gabrielle, Jasmine, Isabelle, Belle, Roxanne.

Boys are: Jackson, Noah, Kaedyn, Blake, Taryn, Cole, Harrison, Gabriel, Darian, Kayvan, Ashton and Asher..

parents nowadays dont wanna go for boring common names so the kid goes to school and there are 7 other kids in the same class called Matthew!

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, people do get out of hand with these names sometimes. I think alot of people think about the names of superstars and think that somehow that giving their child a unique name connects them to that world.

Some people just don't want their child to have the same name as everyone else. It really sux being in class with Crystal B, Crystal J, and Crystal S every year because you got name a very common name.

I don't think all parents consider the child when giving a messed up name but hey it doesn't have anything to do with me so...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Vixz06
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I agree!

To be honest, I love unusual names. But that's only because mine -Victoria- is so common.

But there are unusual names and then ridiculous ones.

Naming your son/daugther after food is just shocking. There are plenty of names out there why they have to chosoe names of food I don't know.

Though, I must say have you ever noticed that famous people have unusual names? Most of the time it's because they make them up though or use their middle names.

Take Resse Witherspoon for example. Her name is Laura...who would have guessed that?? But it's common so she went with her middle name- Reese. Because it's unusual she's more noticable. I think when parents call their children these strange names they think something fabulous is going to happen.

But in reality your version is so much more truthful. They will get bullied and live miserable childhoods.

• 1 decade ago

roflmao! Sunday Roast! Its Sunday Rose right? Still made me laugh! Yea I think they are ridiculous especially Apple! Now the names you picked are a little too basic and you do want the name to stand out somewhat. I mean in a executive world when they grow up you don't want them to just blend in with the next Tom. I definatly agree with a easy to spell and pronounce name tho. Ex. Brent/Brant Brendon. Laura

• 1 decade ago

I agree with you. Its nice to have something unique and different so the child is not one of 4 in their class: Jennifer L. Jennifer T. Jennifer N. and Jennifer B. but I agree... a line needs to be drawn somewhere. People are coming up with dumb ways to spell something for the sake of being "unique" and making the name "stand out" when all they are doing is setting that child up to correct people on the spelling of their name for the rest of their life (thanks mom and dad) ... same with pronunciation... people need to think how they would feel if every time someone went to address them they said their name wrong... and rethink subjecting their child to that life time annoyance. There are plenty of beautiful, classic, unique, strong, masculine, feminine names out there... there is really no need to go and 'make one up'. Its the child that ultimately sufferes because the parents felt the need to be "creative".

• 1 decade ago

I agree with you, unusual names are fine, but weird names are just sad for the kids.

I must tell you that your typing error, which made Sunday Rose, into Sunday Roast, has kept me chuckling all afternoon! Sunday Roast! Ha Ha! Funny!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sunday Roast? WTF? Sunday is being unique but Roast? Come on now! That is just asking to be picked on. I would lie and make up a new middle name if anyone asked or say I didn't have one. My son has an uncommon name but still it is a normal name not something I thought up while eating dinner.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree! My uncle named his daughter Sugar Holiday-Fay, but ya know, I think she is lucky. If it was a boy it was gonna be Batman. No joke. You would have to know my uncle and the wife but still. Thats just wrong.

You can still be unique but mature about it I guess..

Mine were Eden Marie, Scarlett Jadyn, and Everette James. Eden was the only one born, the other 2 are names for the future.

• 4 years ago

Ben Dover, Ben Down, Eileen Dover, Skip Dover

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.